Features of the SN45G XPC
The Shuttle XPC comes in a cool retail packaging which comes with a plastic carry handle on the top. This in very convenient as it can double as a carry bag for the system if you want to transport it to and from LAN parties. This package hasn't changed since the SV25 XPC.
Upon opening the package, we find the system to be neatly packed in foam spacers to prevent transport damage along with a few accessories. These accessories include a Standard Floppy disk cable, one IDE cable, TV Out cable, CPU shim, screws and two user manuals.
Talking a look at unit itself, we see the same style that has made the Shuttle XPC such a hit. Gone are the days of using plastic face plates like with the original XPC. Shuttle has now gone with full aluminum plating, making the case look much better.
Like the front of the original XPCs, the front panel ports have remained the same. These ports include a SPDIF Out, Microphone, Headphones, two USB 2.0 ports and one Firewire port. The LEDs on the case have been moved to directly above the front access ports, as have the buttons for the power and reset functions, essentially the case is identical to the SN41G2.
The back of the case is pretty well standard for the XPC line. Located on the right hand side is a small 40mm port for the vent fan for the 200w PSU. Just off to the left is a 80mm vent for the I.C.E cooling system to vent hot air from the inside the system. Just to the right of that are two full sized expansion slots, one for a PCI card and one for an AGP card.
The interface ports are quite different compared to standard ATX layout, and slightly differ from the SN41G2 we reviewed a while ago. Firstly the two CRT ports have been plugged up as the Ultra 400 nForce2 Northbridge does not support any integrated video controller, this means that you will need an external video controller, aiming it towards the high end users.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- SN45G XPC - Page 1 [Introduction]
- SN45G XPC - Page 2 [Specifications]
- SN45G XPC - Page 3 [Features]
- SN45G XPC - Page 4 [Features Continued]
- SN45G XPC - Page 5 [Features Continued Again]
- SN45G XPC - Page 6 [Overclocking]
- SN45G XPC - Page 7 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and Sandra MAX3]
- SN45G XPC - Page 8 [Benchmarks - 3DMark2001SE]
- SN45G XPC - Page 9 [Benchmarks - 3DMark03]
- SN45G XPC - Page 10 [Benchmarks - PCMark2002]
- SN45G XPC - Page 11 [Benchmarks - Code Creatures]
- SN45G XPC - Page 12 [Benchmarks - Comanche 4]
- SN45G XPC - Page 13 [Benchmarks - Quake 3 Arena]
- SN45G XPC - Page 14 [Benchmarks - Jedi Knight II]
- SN45G XPC - Page 15 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 2003]
- SN45G XPC - Page 16 [Conclusion]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Battlefield 4 netcode significantly improved on Xbox One and PS4
- Google giving out 2GB free Drive space for Safer Internet Day
- Dark Souls III has a beautifully dramatic opening cinematic
- Google might be planning on launching new VR headset later this year
- MSI launches GT72S G Tobii gaming laptop with eye-tracking, GTX 980M
- TP-LINK Archer C2600 MU-MIMO Wireless Dual-Band Router Review
- [SSD compatibility question] GA-X58A-UD3R with Samsung EVO Pro SSD
- I am the new guy
- The Hateful Eight (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- SSD compatibility
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to IntelÃ'Â® Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance