It is without a doubt that Small Form Factor (or SFF as it can be referred to as) PC's are taking on a life of their own, and even to this date, starting to displace the major end users desktop. These PC's are for one extremely small, taking up about as much space as a Laptop PC. While being small they are extremely powerful, even to the point that they are equaling full sized desktop's and even taking them out of the picture all together in certain cases. We can see the evolution starting with Shuttle with the XPC and VIA's approach with the EPIA motherboard for D.I.Y SFF hobbyists, while the VIA solutions are not aimed at high end gamers, Shuttle are.
Shuttle first introduced the commercially available SFF based PC, dubbed the XPC line with the SV25 model as the base. Designed for the AMD Athlon and Duron CPUs, VIA's KN133 chipset was used to power the system with onboard Savage XP graphics, the performance was less than stellar, but launched Shuttle into the exciting SFF market.
Shuttle's biggest seller that really pushed them to the max was the Intel Pentium 4 based XPC with the SiS 650 chipset being chosen over the P4M266 due to its support for DDR-333 memory; the SS50C was launched, and was the very first XPC to support a AGP slot. This allowed for a much more powerful video controller to be added, in this, Shuttle gained the enthusiast market; the SV40G was quickly launched with the SiS 740 chipset and AGP slot to gain the AMD Athlon supporters.
The launch of the nForce2 IGP chipset saw the hardware community up in support for a Shuttle XPC based on this chipset and it wasn't long after the we saw the Shuttle SN14G2 XPC. This PC was well above all the norms. The nForce2 Ultra series gave Shuttle a new evolutionary move on the XPC to support the 400Mhz FSB XP CPU's
Today we take a look at the Shuttle SN45G nForce2 Ultra based XPC and see how it compares to the bigger desktop variety nForce2 based system.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- SN45G XPC - Page 1 [Introduction]
- SN45G XPC - Page 2 [Specifications]
- SN45G XPC - Page 3 [Features]
- SN45G XPC - Page 4 [Features Continued]
- SN45G XPC - Page 5 [Features Continued Again]
- SN45G XPC - Page 6 [Overclocking]
- SN45G XPC - Page 7 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and Sandra MAX3]
- SN45G XPC - Page 8 [Benchmarks - 3DMark2001SE]
- SN45G XPC - Page 9 [Benchmarks - 3DMark03]
- SN45G XPC - Page 10 [Benchmarks - PCMark2002]
- SN45G XPC - Page 11 [Benchmarks - Code Creatures]
- SN45G XPC - Page 12 [Benchmarks - Comanche 4]
- SN45G XPC - Page 13 [Benchmarks - Quake 3 Arena]
- SN45G XPC - Page 14 [Benchmarks - Jedi Knight II]
- SN45G XPC - Page 15 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 2003]
- SN45G XPC - Page 16 [Conclusion]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- The first gameplay footage from Far Cry Primal has arrived
- Batman: Arkham Knight PC update reduces framerate hitching
- Fallout 4 mod fixes compass glitch caused by Crimson Edition driver
- Creationists upset over Google 'Who is Lucy' Doodle
- Microsoft restores Windows 10 November update downloads
- North Bridge Frequency Locked at 4300 on Fatal1ty X99M Killer/3.1 Board
- New SSD Connections and GA-Z87X-UD5H?
- ID-Cooling Frostflow 120L CPU Liquid Cooler Review
- SanDisk Extreme 500 240GB USB 3.0 Portable SSD Review
- ID-Cooling IS-VC45 SFF CPU Cooler Review
- CYBERTRONPC OFFERS TESSERACT 15 SK NOTEBOOK, NOW WITH 6th GEN INTEL PROCESSOR AND WINDOWS 10
- HERE and the Netherlands evaluating 4G/LTE-based C-ITS road messaging system
- Sony PLAYSTATION 4 (PS4) SALES SURPASS 30.2 MILLION UNITS WORLDWIDE
- Samsung Starts Mass Producing Industry's First 128-GIGABYTE DDR4 Modules for Enterprise Servers
- LG RAY DELIVERS LARGE HD DISPLAY AND BEST-IN-CLASS CAMERAS FOR 3G MARKETS