Thermaltake has been taking a beating lately in a lot of forums and tech sites for it's Orb line of coolers; and rightly so. The Orb coolers have been the company's mainstay for a while now, but while they may look cool, they don't perform well at all.
Now enter the Volcano II unit. Thermaltake decided to go with a more conventional approach to cooling with this model, so I was really looking forward to seeing what this company could really do. I like the idea of the Orbs, but if they don't work then they're useless to me. So when they decided to get back to basics, I was eager to dig right in and check out their newest model.
The Volcano II cooler falls into the "Budget" category. You can normally pick these units up pretty cheaply, but before you do, let's find out just how well they can handle the stress of cooling one of the hottest processors on the market...the AMD Thunderbird.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Halo 6's 'compelling' story will focus on Master Chief
- AMD Radeon RX Vega bundled with Quake Champions
- Nintendo won't be at E3 2017
- AI to replace over 50% of ALL jobs in the next 10 years
- Acer Predator X27 gaming monitor: 4K, 144Hz, HDR, G-Sync
- Cutting LED-Strips - LED50RGB-2
- ASUS USB-AC53 Nano AC1200 Wireless Adapter Review
- GIGABYTE Xtreme Gaming XTC700 CPU Cooler Review
- ASRock 990fx Extreme9 and NVMe support
- HDD to SSD
- Get ready for Intel Optane memory with ASRock 200 series motherboards!
- Acer unleashes the Predator Triton 700, a thin yet powerful gaming notebook without compromise
- Acer's new Predator monitors with quantum dot technology deliver spectacular gameplay experiences
- Acer expands its gaming notebook line with the powerful Predator Helios 300
- Western Digital ships fourth-generation Helium Hard Drive platform with Ultrastar He12 12TB advanced storage hard drives