Thermaltake has been taking a beating lately in a lot of forums and tech sites for it's Orb line of coolers; and rightly so. The Orb coolers have been the company's mainstay for a while now, but while they may look cool, they don't perform well at all.
Now enter the Volcano II unit. Thermaltake decided to go with a more conventional approach to cooling with this model, so I was really looking forward to seeing what this company could really do. I like the idea of the Orbs, but if they don't work then they're useless to me. So when they decided to get back to basics, I was eager to dig right in and check out their newest model.
The Volcano II cooler falls into the "Budget" category. You can normally pick these units up pretty cheaply, but before you do, let's find out just how well they can handle the stress of cooling one of the hottest processors on the market...the AMD Thunderbird.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- The young Han Solo spin-off is a go, as Lucasfilm find their actor
- AMD's new Zen CPU will arrive in 6 and 8-core versions at launch
- iPhone 7 could have a 3.5mm headphone jack after all
- Doom PC specs released, takes up 50GB on PS4 and Xbox One
- Overwatch beta goes live on all platforms
- H97MPro4 - Machine mysteriously turns back on in Win7
- Windows 10 install - Raid 0 SSDs
- LaCie P9227 Porsche Design Slim Drive 2TB USB C Review
- GA-EX58-UD3R won't post
- Creative iRoar Intelligent Bluetooth Speaker Review
- Turtle Beach reinvents eSports gaming headsets with the Elite Pro
- Colorful to showcase new products at COMPUTEX 2016
- Global e-channel expanded by 23% in Q1-2016 according to Icecat
- The PGL KeSPA Regional Minor Championship: Asia to debut this Thursday; full schedule revealed
- ASRock and Intel teams up to create one of the smallest mini PCs: DeskMini