HD Tune Pro
Version and / or Patch Used: 4.00
Developer Homepage: http://www.efdsoftware.com
Product Homepage: http://www.hdtune.com
HD Tune is a Hard Disk utility which has the following functions:
Benchmark: measures the performance
Info: shows detailed information
Health: checks the health status by using SMART
Error Scan: scans the surface for errors
HD Tune Pro gives us accurate read, write and access time results and for the last couple of years has gained popularity amongst reviewers. It is now considered a must have application for storage device testing.
Both the 840 and 840 Pro do very well when reading sequential data at QD1. Vector limits QD1 reads to around 350MB/s, but when the commands are stacked, the performance increases to around 500MB/s. The 840 and 840 Pro also increase performance when the queue depth is increased. We'll see higher NCQ writes in the CrystalDiskMark tests later in this review.
Here we see one of the large differences between the base 840 and the 840 Pro - write performance. The 840 Pro with MLC NAND writes much faster than the 840 with TLC. In this test using 64K size data, Vector enters 'storage mode' and slows halfway through the test. The low minimum speed isn't something you'll hit under normal use, but it does show up in our testing.
HD Tach - Sequential Write Performance After Random Writes
The Samsung 840 Pro still writes sequential data at an average speed of 395MB/s after being hit with a large amount of random writes. This is much better than the 840 Pro 128GB and 840 250GB.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [Package]
- Page 4 [Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Sequential Performance]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - AIDA64 Random Access Time]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Anvil Storage Utilities]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - CrystalDiskMark]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage Hard Disk Tests]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage - Drives with Data Testing]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - BootRacer]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - DiskBench]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Power Testing]
- Page 15 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Skyrim: Special Edition already has 73 console mods
- GIVEAWAY: MSI GeForce GTX 1050 Ti GAMING X 4G / 2G
- Google buys VR eye-tracking startup company
- Get the latest update for Pokémon GO on Android and iOS
- Pre-order Skyrim-themed Monopoly game for March 2017
- MSI GeForce GTX 1050 Ti Gaming X 4G Review
- BP2SATA - Do I need to connect both power ports?
- HyperX ALLOY FPS Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Independence Day Resurgence 4K Blu-ray Review
- Battlefield 1 Multiplayer Gameplay Thoughts
- BIOSTAR unveils its GeForce GTX 1060 dual-fan video cards
- Manli announces GeForce GTX 1050 Gallardo Series video cards
- Eurocom launches the ultrathin 15.6' Sky M5 R2 VR Ready gaming laptop with Intel Core i7 6700HQ, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (6 GB GDDR5), 4G LTE support, 64 GB DDR4 memory, 6 TB SSD storage
- ENERMAX releases Steelwing aluminum case
- ENERMAX Platimax D.F. PSU is available now