HD Tune Pro
Version and / or Patch Used: 4.00
Developer Homepage: http://www.efdsoftware.com
Product Homepage: http://www.hdtune.com
HD Tune is a Hard Disk utility which has the following functions:
Benchmark: measures the performance
Info: shows detailed information
Health: checks the health status by using SMART
Error Scan: scans the surface for errors
HD Tune Pro gives us accurate read, write and access time results and for the last couple of years has gained popularity amongst reviewers. It is now considered a must have application for storage device testing.
Both the 840 and 840 Pro do very well when reading sequential data at QD1. Vector limits QD1 reads to around 350MB/s, but when the commands are stacked, the performance increases to around 500MB/s. The 840 and 840 Pro also increase performance when the queue depth is increased. We'll see higher NCQ writes in the CrystalDiskMark tests later in this review.
Here we see one of the large differences between the base 840 and the 840 Pro - write performance. The 840 Pro with MLC NAND writes much faster than the 840 with TLC. In this test using 64K size data, Vector enters 'storage mode' and slows halfway through the test. The low minimum speed isn't something you'll hit under normal use, but it does show up in our testing.
HD Tach - Sequential Write Performance After Random Writes
The Samsung 840 Pro still writes sequential data at an average speed of 395MB/s after being hit with a large amount of random writes. This is much better than the 840 Pro 128GB and 840 250GB.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [Package]
- Page 4 [Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Sequential Performance]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - AIDA64 Random Access Time]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Anvil Storage Utilities]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - CrystalDiskMark]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage Hard Disk Tests]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage - Drives with Data Testing]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - BootRacer]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - DiskBench]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Power Testing]
- Page 15 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Apple Music rumored to receive interface overhaul this summer
- Fallout 4's Far Harbor DLC might have underwater exploration
- Titanfall devs working on Star Wars third-person adventure game
- Battlefield 4 Dragon's Teeth, Hardline Robbery DLC temporarily free
- Left 4 Dead, Evolve devs working on a new unannounced IP
- GA-EX58-UD3R won't post
- Creative iRoar Intelligent Bluetooth Speaker Review
- x5450 on ep43-s3l overclock help
- Gigabyte GA-X99-Gaming-5P | Intermittent Boot Failure & USB Crashes in Windows 10
- LaCie P9227 Porsche Design Mobile Drive 4TB USB C Review
- Colorful to showcase new products at COMPUTEX 2016
- Global e-channel expanded by 23% in Q1-2016 according to Icecat
- The PGL KeSPA Regional Minor Championship: Asia to debut this Thursday; full schedule revealed
- ASRock and Intel teams up to create one of the smallest mini PCs: DeskMini
- Sapphire launches Radeon Pro Duo for ultimate VR & 4K experience