HD Tune Pro
Version and / or Patch Used: 4.00
Developer Homepage: http://www.efdsoftware.com
Product Homepage: http://www.hdtune.com
HD Tune is a Hard Disk utility which has the following functions:
Benchmark: measures the performance
Info: shows detailed information
Health: checks the health status by using SMART
Error Scan: scans the surface for errors
HD Tune Pro gives us accurate read, write and access time results and for the last couple of years has gained popularity amongst reviewers. It is now considered a must have application for storage device testing.
Both the 840 and 840 Pro do very well when reading sequential data at QD1. Vector limits QD1 reads to around 350MB/s, but when the commands are stacked, the performance increases to around 500MB/s. The 840 and 840 Pro also increase performance when the queue depth is increased. We'll see higher NCQ writes in the CrystalDiskMark tests later in this review.
Here we see one of the large differences between the base 840 and the 840 Pro - write performance. The 840 Pro with MLC NAND writes much faster than the 840 with TLC. In this test using 64K size data, Vector enters 'storage mode' and slows halfway through the test. The low minimum speed isn't something you'll hit under normal use, but it does show up in our testing.
HD Tach - Sequential Write Performance After Random Writes
The Samsung 840 Pro still writes sequential data at an average speed of 395MB/s after being hit with a large amount of random writes. This is much better than the 840 Pro 128GB and 840 250GB.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [Package]
- Page 4 [Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Sequential Performance]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - AIDA64 Random Access Time]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Anvil Storage Utilities]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - CrystalDiskMark]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage Hard Disk Tests]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage - Drives with Data Testing]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - BootRacer]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - DiskBench]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Power Testing]
- Page 15 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- The Mad Max game looks absolutely stunning in 8K
- OSVR updates its hardware, delivers 1080p 120Hz display and more
- WhatsApp is now home to 900 million users
- Toyota pledges $50 million into autonomous car research centers at MIT
- PowerColor's new dual-GPU has 16GB of VRAM, requires 1000W of power
- Reset BIOS on ASRock Beebox N3150 w/o mouse/keyb.
- Gigabyte GA-170-DH3
- TP-LINK Archer C3200 Tri-Band AC3200 Wireless Router Review
- Does my motherbord support this RAM ?
- Windows 10 Pro 64bit on GA990FXA-UD3 R5 advice for USB3 problem
- SEAGATE DELIVERS INDUSTRY'S BROADEST PORTFOLIO OF 8TB HARD DRIVES
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015