Our load tests utilize a couple of FAST ATE active load testers and a variety of other equipment such as an oscilloscope, power conditioner, temperature probe and a power consumption meter. You can read more about our standard testing approach here.
The tests performed are based around six conceivable setups that are out there and progressively load down the PSU up to the power supply's limits or 1000W, whichever comes first. Since our test equipment's limits are equal to that of the Sentey LTP1000-SM 1000W power supply, we can test it to the maximum.
The above tests represent typical loads that we have measured from various systems and are meant to give a rough idea of where your computer might fall in line with our tests. Please keep in mind that each system is different and actual loads can vary greatly even with similar hardware.
Let's start by taking a look at the voltages to see how well this unit did during testing. Starting with the 12V rail, we see 2% regulation from start to finish with a total drop of .19V. The 5V rail managed to stay within 2% of specification with a total drop of .09V from start to finish. Moving towards the 3.3V rail, we see that regulation was within 2% of specification with a total voltage drop of .08V.
DC Output quality for the LTP1000-SM 1000W was excellent and well within specification. During Test 1, we saw 21mV of noise on our scope. When we increased the loads in Test 3, the ripple climbed to 21mV at a little under half load. During Test 6 under a load of 1000W, the oscilloscope showed a maximum of 31mv on noise on the 12V rail.
The Sentey LTP1000-SM 1000W is rated for 80 PLUS Platinum efficiency. This means that the power supply must perform at 90%/92%/89% efficiency at 20%/50%/100% loads respectively. As you can see, the LTP1000-SM passed on our bench, and wasn't close to failing at any point.
Just as Sentey did with the GSP850-SM, they made a wise choice in seeking out Super Flower to once again be their OEM. The Golden King power supplies have proven to be absolutely amazing given the price and performance that they offer. The LTP1000-SM that we received is one of the best that we have seen to date on top of it all.
The Voltage regulation is within 2% of specification across the board. DC output quality doesn't get much better either unless you are willing to spend quite a bit more for a power supply. Rounding things out as far as performance is concerned is the efficiency of the unit, and it performs at 80 PLUS Platinum levels, just as advertised. Sentey is bringing the unit to the market at a nice price point too, and when combined with the slighter longer warranty than most offer, it should be a winner.
All of that doesn't mean the power supply is without issues, though. The lack of OTP and OCP shouldn't be overlooked, especially when you're shelling out over $200 for a 1000W power supply. Sentey has some packaging issues that need addressed as well or else I fear they are going to be experiencing some higher than usual returns on new units, even if it is just cosmetic.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- New 4K Xbox Scorpio targeting 6TFLOPs, 1.5 times faster than PS4K
- E3 site lists Xbox One VR category with Oculus Rift devs attached
- New 4K Xbox to support Oculus Rift VR headset
- GeIL reveals new EVO FORZA DDR4 3866MHz RAM
- Tesoro teases new IR key switches for Computex
- Asrock 3-Way 2S2S SLI Bridge Card
- Amped Wireless Athena AC2600 RTA2600 MU-MIMO Wireless Router Review
- ASRock 990FX Extreme9 IPMI Module?
- Tweak Launcher dont work with x99-sli mobo
- SanDisk X400 1TB SATA III SSD Review
- GeIL announces new EVO FORZA DDR4 hardcore gaming memory
- Tesoro to showcase new infrared key switch at Computex 2016
- Colorful introduces first custom GTX1080: Colorful iGameGTX1080 X-TOP-8G
- CybertronPC offers new NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 graphics on all desktops
- Inno3D announces new GeForce GTX 1080 video cards