Our load tests utilize a couple of FAST ATE active load testers and a variety of other equipment such as an oscilloscope, power conditioner, temperature probe and a power consumption meter. You can read more about our standard testing approach here.
The tests performed are based around six conceivable setups that are out there and progressively load down the PSU up to the power supply's limits or 1000W, whichever comes first. Since our test equipment's limits are equal to that of the Sentey LTP1000-SM 1000W power supply, we can test it to the maximum.
The above tests represent typical loads that we have measured from various systems and are meant to give a rough idea of where your computer might fall in line with our tests. Please keep in mind that each system is different and actual loads can vary greatly even with similar hardware.
Let's start by taking a look at the voltages to see how well this unit did during testing. Starting with the 12V rail, we see 2% regulation from start to finish with a total drop of .19V. The 5V rail managed to stay within 2% of specification with a total drop of .09V from start to finish. Moving towards the 3.3V rail, we see that regulation was within 2% of specification with a total voltage drop of .08V.
DC Output quality for the LTP1000-SM 1000W was excellent and well within specification. During Test 1, we saw 21mV of noise on our scope. When we increased the loads in Test 3, the ripple climbed to 21mV at a little under half load. During Test 6 under a load of 1000W, the oscilloscope showed a maximum of 31mv on noise on the 12V rail.
The Sentey LTP1000-SM 1000W is rated for 80 PLUS Platinum efficiency. This means that the power supply must perform at 90%/92%/89% efficiency at 20%/50%/100% loads respectively. As you can see, the LTP1000-SM passed on our bench, and wasn't close to failing at any point.
Just as Sentey did with the GSP850-SM, they made a wise choice in seeking out Super Flower to once again be their OEM. The Golden King power supplies have proven to be absolutely amazing given the price and performance that they offer. The LTP1000-SM that we received is one of the best that we have seen to date on top of it all.
The Voltage regulation is within 2% of specification across the board. DC output quality doesn't get much better either unless you are willing to spend quite a bit more for a power supply. Rounding things out as far as performance is concerned is the efficiency of the unit, and it performs at 80 PLUS Platinum levels, just as advertised. Sentey is bringing the unit to the market at a nice price point too, and when combined with the slighter longer warranty than most offer, it should be a winner.
All of that doesn't mean the power supply is without issues, though. The lack of OTP and OCP shouldn't be overlooked, especially when you're shelling out over $200 for a 1000W power supply. Sentey has some packaging issues that need addressed as well or else I fear they are going to be experiencing some higher than usual returns on new units, even if it is just cosmetic.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Guillermo del Toro teases Silent Hills successor
- Leaked 1666: Amsterdam gameplay footage is darkly enchanting
- Doom's ultra nightmare mode is so hard id Software can't beat it
- Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare officially trademarked by Activision
- Vivendi buys more Ubisoft shares, takeover rumors begin
- Six Windows Applications Free Pack
- Creative Sound Blaster Roar Pro Bluetooth Portable Speaker Review
- Thecus N5810 Consumer NAS Review
- Cold double post on Z77X-UD5H
- Lian Li PC-X510 question about resonance sound
- ASRock and Intel teams up to create one of the smallest mini PCs: DeskMini
- Sapphire launches Radeon Pro Duo for ultimate VR & 4K experience
- Seagate now shipping 10TB helium enterprise drive in volume
- ENERMAX announces the new DFR technology with D.F.PRESSURE
- World's first 24/7 esports TV channel launched