Specifications, Pricing and Availability
At the time of writing MyDigitalSSD is focusing on two capacity sizes in the 2.5" form factor - 120GB and 240GB. 64GB and 512GB are an option that we may see at a later data. Yesterday we published our review of the 240GB model and today we have the 120GB in the spotlight.
The BP4 120GB is rated for 555MB/s sequential reads and 470MB/s sequential writes. Random performance tops 47K IOPS read and 78K IOPS write. Not shown on the specs image is where the IOPS are delivered, BP4 has very impressive low queue depth read IOPS performance, the QD2 read measures at just over 40K in our tests, superior to OCZ's Vector, Samsung's 840 Pro and my own SSD, the MDDSSD TweakTown Chris Ramseyer Signature Edition SLC by SuperSSpeed.
The measurement was taken with compressible data and that is important to note in this review. The controller is from Phison, but it works with compressible data faster than incompressible data, just like LSI SandForce's controllers.
MyDigitalSSD backs the new BP4 series with a three year warranty, which is average for a mainstream product. The current price of $99.99 puts this drive in the lower end of the mainstream SSD segment; it borders on budget SSD prices actually.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [MyDigitalSSD BP4 120GB SSD]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Sequential Performance]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - AIDA64 Random Access Time]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Anvil Storage Utilities]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- The Mad Max game looks absolutely stunning in 8K
- OSVR updates its hardware, delivers 1080p 120Hz display and more
- WhatsApp is now home to 900 million users
- Toyota pledges $50 million into autonomous car research centers at MIT
- PowerColor's new dual-GPU has 16GB of VRAM, requires 1000W of power
- Reset BIOS on ASRock Beebox N3150 w/o mouse/keyb.
- Gigabyte GA-170-DH3
- TP-LINK Archer C3200 Tri-Band AC3200 Wireless Router Review
- Does my motherbord support this RAM ?
- Windows 10 Pro 64bit on GA990FXA-UD3 R5 advice for USB3 problem
- SEAGATE DELIVERS INDUSTRY'S BROADEST PORTFOLIO OF 8TB HARD DRIVES
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015