The Build and Finished Product
The back plate for Intel sockets is pretty straight forward. Slide the nuts until they line up with the board, and with a couple of small foam stickers, you can attach it to the motherboard so it is easier to flip over and install the block onto it.
This is not how I would typically apply TIM to a CPU, but I am just following the instructions found in the manual. Since MX-2 spreads well under most conditions, I don't see any harm in trying it this way versus a big blob in the center.
After tightening the four thumbscrews, using an X pattern to do so evenly, you are now left with only one decision... where to install the radiator.
The head unit does stand quite a bit taller than the typical AIO, but that is of little consequence, since this isn't much taller than a stock cooler and should allow it to be used in any chassis as long as there is proper room for the radiator.
There is one slight downfall to using this setup. The fitting nearest to the memory will actually block the usage of the slot closest to the cooler. You can combat this by turning the head unit 90 degrees, but you need to be careful of heat sinks above the socket.
Just plugging in the fans I had handy you can see the hub will cover the needs of four fans to cool this radiator. For the connections you don't use, just leave the covers on them, and store the others someplace you will find them later if needed.
Above the motherboard, you can see there is plenty of room to get this radiator into the top of a chassis. You can even spin the radiator 180 degrees and still mount it without the tubing causing any issues.
Even below the motherboard, or in front of it in the HDD bays, the Swiftech H220 is ready to go in most situations, and if it isn't, you can quickly add some longer tubing and do a bit of a refill, and go about your merry way, warranty still intact.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- 'Spider-Man' comes home in first trailer
- Third 'Cloverfield' film revealed & delayed by 8 months
- John Glenn, the first American to orbit the Earth, dies
- AMD reboots its drivers with Crimson ReLive Edition
- Faraday Future car will have cameras instead of mirrors
- Dk-q1 / dk-q1h
- asrock 880g pro3 codes E8>54>19
- ADATA SC660 240GB Portable SSD Review
- Will this Build be Quite, Small and powerfull ?
- Mouse skipping/jumping and audio stuttering
- Bluetooth 5 specification now available, 4x Range, 2x Speed
- Zadak511 reveals SHIELD Series with RGB DDR4 RAM and RGB SSD
- Jonsbo announces QT03A and VR2 cases, and FR-101 fan series
- Cooler Master announces the MasterCase Maker 5T
- be quiet! announces the Dark Base Pro 900 case with tempered glass window side panel