The Build and Finished Product
The back plate for Intel sockets is pretty straight forward. Slide the nuts until they line up with the board, and with a couple of small foam stickers, you can attach it to the motherboard so it is easier to flip over and install the block onto it.
This is not how I would typically apply TIM to a CPU, but I am just following the instructions found in the manual. Since MX-2 spreads well under most conditions, I don't see any harm in trying it this way versus a big blob in the center.
After tightening the four thumbscrews, using an X pattern to do so evenly, you are now left with only one decision... where to install the radiator.
The head unit does stand quite a bit taller than the typical AIO, but that is of little consequence, since this isn't much taller than a stock cooler and should allow it to be used in any chassis as long as there is proper room for the radiator.
There is one slight downfall to using this setup. The fitting nearest to the memory will actually block the usage of the slot closest to the cooler. You can combat this by turning the head unit 90 degrees, but you need to be careful of heat sinks above the socket.
Just plugging in the fans I had handy you can see the hub will cover the needs of four fans to cool this radiator. For the connections you don't use, just leave the covers on them, and store the others someplace you will find them later if needed.
Above the motherboard, you can see there is plenty of room to get this radiator into the top of a chassis. You can even spin the radiator 180 degrees and still mount it without the tubing causing any issues.
Even below the motherboard, or in front of it in the HDD bays, the Swiftech H220 is ready to go in most situations, and if it isn't, you can quickly add some longer tubing and do a bit of a refill, and go about your merry way, warranty still intact.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- UK debuts its 'UK Against ISIL' social media account
- Phiaton launches PS 202 NC active noise cancellation earphones
- Famed astronaut Buzz Aldrin shares his 'master plan' for Mars
- LG partners with REEDS Jewelers for the LG Watch Urbane Luxe
- Report: Prior to breach, no one wanted to purchase Ashley Madison
- H97 boards, graphics cards and CPUs running hotter than on Z97 boards
- New network adapter making graphics card fail.
- x99 Extreme 4/3.1 Red Light + No Display
- Build Advice End of 2015 ASUS X99-A/USB 3.1
- X99 Extreme 6ac eSATA
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20