Swiftech H220 Compact Drive II Continued
The last image doesn't really show how well that base is polished, so I thought another angle was in order. Here you can see just how reflective the copper is from the fine polish job that Swiftech has taken the time to provide users.
Where most AIO coolers are likely to only give you a foot, most times less, the tubing connecting the head unit to the radiator is 15 inches in length. This will make mounting the radiator somewhere other than the top of the chassis much easier.
As the tubes enter the end of the radiator, here again are swivel fittings. They use the same clamps as the head unit does to install this 3/8" ID, 5/8" OD black tubing. At the suite at CES there were rumours of different colored tube options later on.
You can't see much currently due to the fact that the Helix fans come pre-installed on the radiator so really all you have to do is mount the kit, no fussing around.
Opposite end of the fittings, you have the reservoir. Here is where the extra bit of coolant goes, and where any air will be trapped during use. The fill port is capped as the loop is filled with liquid already, and there is a green sticker denoting that his end passed testing as well.
Unlike many AIO units, Swiftech is using a radiator that uses a 13 FPI count. This allows users to cool the radiator with less air flow since the fan doesn't have to force its way through much smaller gaps - hence why the 55CM Helix fans are a good choice for this kit.
When installing this above the motherboard in a chassis, there is of course the 29mm of radiator to address, but with just the one side sporting fans, the total is now 54mm, and if you want to try it in push/pull configuration, you are now dealing with 79mm in total thickness.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Aware of 'let's play' videos? Here's every single one summarized
- This Grand Theft Auto IV hyper-realistic mod is better than real life
- Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5 arrives, IGN says pop-shove it in the garbage
- The important question has been answered: Will the new iPhone 6s bend?
- Beautiful film made using only water, a 5 yen coin and an Apple iPhone
- Hi I Really Need Advice as to Where I Can Find Genuine Asmedia Drivers?
- Samsung FIT MUF-64BB 64GB USB 3.0 Pico Flash Drive Review
- Why will my video card not work?
- M.2 Drive not showing up.
- Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 Stabilty Issue!!!
- MASSIVE AUDIO Introduces DOCTOR WHO Bluetooth And Wired Headphones
- BOXX Introduces the World's Smallest Overclocked Workstation - APEXX 1
- AOC's New Full HD USB Monitor Makes the Perfect Laptop or Desktop Companion
- Feel the Power and Speed Inside Your Laptop NOX DDR4 64GB 3000MHz SO-DIMM The True Champion
- Creative Team Behind Earthworm Jim and The Neverhood Launch New Clay Animated Video Game, Armikrog