Swiftech H220 Compact Drive II CPU Cooler
Here is the sleeker and smaller brother to the Apogee Drive II. The metal heat sink on top has been replaced with this plastic cover that not only offers a white Swiftech logo, but also sports a honeycomb mesh design that will fit in with most chassis themes.
Looking at the bottom side of the new drive system you can see the four layers. There is the top cover, the pump, the conversion chamber, and the copper base plate. As you can see from the last pair of images this unit also ships with universal Intel mounting hardware already on the kit.
The left side of the head unit sports a swivel fitting that is very easy to move to get the proper angles needed for a clean installation. You can also see that this side is marked as "IN" for those who will redo the loop and may have forgotten the flow of this block.
The top side as it will mount on the motherboard has only this 4-pin PWM fan connection emanating from it to supply BIOS controlled power to allow the pump to spin down when not in use, and while gaming it can adjust as the PWM signals for more power.
The outgoing side of the new unit is not marked as such, but just by moving the radiator to the other side of the block for this image, the fitting spun on its own to this resting position. Also these are the clamps I was speaking of that are pretty much idiot proof.
Looking at the copper base of the unit, you will see it is shipped with a plastic covering, and it has a green dot sticker on it, signifying a quality control point has been checked and passed.
The base is lapped very well and has only slight markings left in the copper. As for the shape, it only deviates from level at the edges near the screws. The rest of the plate doesn't allow any light to show under the razors edge.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Huawei and Leica establish new R&D center for VR and AR
- How you can become a hacker's worst nightmare
- Snapchat announces sunglasses with a built-in camera
- How to build dynamic web apps with Angular JS
- Samsung Galaxy S8 rumored to rock a 4K display
- Mirror's Edge Catalyst Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- Prepping LGA2011 Build
- Unable to find BIOS update for motherboard
- Lian Li O Series Multiple Expansion card support
- asrock fatality h170 performance red light on bios and not monitor output no beeps
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now