Outside of the ASRock Z77 Extreme11 we've also got the ASRock Z77 OC Formula. Other Z77 offerings include the MSI Z77 MPOWER and ASUS Maximus IV GENE with the ASRock X79 Extreme4 rounding out the lineup of motherboards here.
We headed straight into the BIOS and went to the OC Tweaker section. We moved the CPU multiplier up to 47x which would bring our CPU in at 4.7GHz and adjusted the voltages to where they needed to be. Our machine booted up and got into Windows with no problems.
We then headed into Media Espresso to check out stability and we opened up Core Temp to see what was going on with CPU speed and temperature while testing. Straight away our CPU jumped to 105c and started throttling to combat the heat. Instead of just going into the BIOS and moving our multiplier down, we thought we'd try and just adjust the voltage to get the temp down. We managed to do this with some success and the throttling wasn't as bad - any throttling when overclocking is pointless, so we headed back into the BIOS. We dropped the voltage lower, but we got to a point where Media Espresso would just crash because there wasn't enough juice on hand for the processor to operate at overclocked speeds.
Heading back into the BIOS we then moved the CPU multiplier down to 46x and adjusted the BCLK a little to see what we could get out of the system. We tried to get as close to that 4.7GHz mark with a combination of a 46x multiplier and a bump in the BCLK.
Looking above you can see we managed to get our BCLK only just above that 100 number alongside the 46x multiplier with 100.39 being seen or 100.4 as it was set at in the BIOS. As you can see above this brings our CPU speed in at 4618.05MHz or 4.62GHz as shown in our graphs here today.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Verizon acquires Vessel, will shut it down on October 31
- Nintendo investors hate new Switch console hybrid
- Nintendo teases Jan 12 event for 'major' Switch details
- Dolby Atmos update coming for Xbox One S
- LinusTechTips makes $3,000 custom watercooled PS4
- Not able to adjust timings!
- Battlefield 1 PC Performance and Quality Report
- Battlefield 1: War Stories Review
- GIGABYTE Z170X-UD3 Ultra Motherboard Review
- Micro SDXC card Strontium vs Sandisk vs Samsung
- G.Skill announces the RIPJAWS KM570 MX mechanical keyboard
- iBuyPower announces the Slate gaming desktop
- Fujitsu and Lenovo to explore global strategic PC cooperation
- Toshiba's SAS SSDs provide secure storage for NetApp FAS and E-Series arrays for enterprise applications
- Simplygon enables future of virtual development with open access to software