When heading over to Newegg to look for the price I as always went to the Z77 motherboard section and figured if I sorted by highest price first it would probably sit towards the top of the list. With no surprise it was right at the top when it came to single boards lining up with the GIGABYTE Z77X-UP7 which carries the same $399.99 price tag.
This is a hefty price tag, but the inclusion of the quality LSI SAS controller was going to do that. There's no denying you're looking for a board that can offer some totally serious SATA HDD and SSD support, this is an option that you should be looking at. Along with that, though, we've got a massive amount of USB 3.0 ports, Bluetooth and Wi-Fi along with dual Gigabit Ethernet ports that run off more expensive and higher quality Intel controllers.
We've not only got all these features, though, but we've also got a board that performs excellent out of the box and had no issues getting to over 4.6GHz when it came to overclocking. ASRock has put together an extremely nice board that ticks all the right boxes.
This really is an excellent motherboard, but we can't deny it's not for everyone as some of the features might not be any use to you. If you're only looking at a one or two SATA III drives and don't need the likes of Dual Gigabit LAN ports, four way CrossFireX support and other things to name just a few of the extras, then something like the $229.99 Z77 OC Formula we looked at and absolutely loved, would be a better option for you.
If you're happy to spend the money that goes with a board that carries an absolute ton of features and performs extremely well, then this is truly a fantastic option.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- LG's new 'world's first' 77-inch flexible 4K OLED teased
- GIGABYTE's new AMD EPYC motherboard supports 1TB of RAM
- AMD Radeon RX Vega price will be 'excellent'
- Bungie is making PC specific tweaks to Destiny 2
- Project CARS 2 will run upscaled res on Xbox One X
- GA-X58A-UD3R wake on lan problem
- In Win 301 Mini-Tower Chassis Review
- Best bang for your buck: AC1900 Wireless Routers
- ADATA XPG SX8000 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- repairing rj45 port on g751j laptop
- Logitech Circle 2 will be compatible with Amazon Echo Show
- Synology introduces DiskStation DS1517 and DS1817
- Deep Silver and 4A Games are proud to announce Metro Exodus
- Microsoft premieres Xbox One X, world's most powerful console
- Phison gears up for mobile phone market with PS8226 3D NAND eMMC 5.1 controller