When heading over to Newegg to look for the price I as always went to the Z77 motherboard section and figured if I sorted by highest price first it would probably sit towards the top of the list. With no surprise it was right at the top when it came to single boards lining up with the GIGABYTE Z77X-UP7 which carries the same $399.99 price tag.
This is a hefty price tag, but the inclusion of the quality LSI SAS controller was going to do that. There's no denying you're looking for a board that can offer some totally serious SATA HDD and SSD support, this is an option that you should be looking at. Along with that, though, we've got a massive amount of USB 3.0 ports, Bluetooth and Wi-Fi along with dual Gigabit Ethernet ports that run off more expensive and higher quality Intel controllers.
We've not only got all these features, though, but we've also got a board that performs excellent out of the box and had no issues getting to over 4.6GHz when it came to overclocking. ASRock has put together an extremely nice board that ticks all the right boxes.
This really is an excellent motherboard, but we can't deny it's not for everyone as some of the features might not be any use to you. If you're only looking at a one or two SATA III drives and don't need the likes of Dual Gigabit LAN ports, four way CrossFireX support and other things to name just a few of the extras, then something like the $229.99 Z77 OC Formula we looked at and absolutely loved, would be a better option for you.
If you're happy to spend the money that goes with a board that carries an absolute ton of features and performs extremely well, then this is truly a fantastic option.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- New images of the upcoming LG G6 leaked
- COD: Infinite Warfare - best-selling game of 2016 in US
- The entire gaming market slumped 12% in the US last year
- Bloody new 'Logan' trailer embraces hard R-rating
- Buy Resident Evil 7 on Xbox One, get it on the PC, too
- hp printer technical support
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- bios update
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni