With the Gila, I liked the feel, the layout of the buttons, and the fact that they are easy to access once you get your fingers used to where they all are. I like the aggressive and angular styling, and the lights and their placement do accent the mouse nicely as it sits on your desk. Even with the lights off, the Gila and the red accents on the flat black mouse look good without the lights, if that isn't your thing. The mouse is a bit taller in the middle, and may take some getting used to, but with my relaxed grip I tend to use, the Gila is a nice fit to my gaming style.
I do like the mouse, the software, and the abilities that said software offers; I even liked the Gila while gaming, as it seemed to be more accurate than the mice I typically use. Considering they all have the same ADNS9800 sensor in them, I have to attribute the SG Core II and the way it handles its business in gaming as to why I feel this mouse is slightly superior in this aspect.
Where I did find some issues was at the desktop level. The same angle snapping that was making for smoother sighting and more accuracy in game, seemed to make me overshoot things on the desktop quite frequently. Such as when I am in Photo Shop, with all the selections in the list, I would make a slight movement to the side and down, but the mouse tended to not follow my movements as much, and I was having to spend more time in my day to day productivity, and that is where most of my time is spent. While I do try to game whenever I can, I need a mouse that is flawless in both settings. I mean, even professional gamers do some minor photo editing or trolling a Facebook account, and I don't think they swap mice for desktop use.
I may seem a bit harsh on the fact that this mouse slowed me down in my day to day usage, but for a mouse that is demanding a US Treasurer signed photograph of Benjamin Franklin to obtain one, I expect that mouse to be flawless. While the Gila MMO/RTS Professional Gaming Mouse is in fact very good while gaming, has the software to be able to customize the lights almost endlessly, has the ability to hold 72 Macros at once, and has the onboard memory to take them all along right in the mouse, not working smoothly on the desktop level is something in my mind that should be just as important as the gaming aspect, even if driven specifically as a professional gaming mouse.
While I do like the Gila, and would recommend it for gaming use, and for what it offers, the fact that it may frustrate you at the desktop level is one of those things that leaves a big "but" in my recommendation.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AI to replace over 50% of ALL jobs in the next 10 years
- Acer Predator X27 gaming monitor: 4K, 144Hz, HDR, G-Sync
- Unikrn expands into Vegas, acquires eSports firm LEET
- Nintendo reveals foldable New 2DS XL for $149
- AMD's new Ryzen Balanced Power Plan drivers are here
- GIGABYTE Xtreme Gaming XTC700 CPU Cooler Review
- ASRock 990fx Extreme9 and NVMe support
- HDD to SSD
- Lenovo IdeaCentre Y710 Cube Gaming PC Review
- Synology RT2600ac Wireless Router Review
- Get ready for Intel Optane memory with ASRock 200 series motherboards!
- Acer unleashes the Predator Triton 700, a thin yet powerful gaming notebook without compromise
- Acer's new Predator monitors with quantum dot technology deliver spectacular gameplay experiences
- Acer expands its gaming notebook line with the powerful Predator Helios 300
- Western Digital ships fourth-generation Helium Hard Drive platform with Ultrastar He12 12TB advanced storage hard drives