SanDisk Ultra Plus 256GB SSD
Here we get our first look at the Ultra Plus SSD.
The drive uses a 7mm form factor, but ships with an adapter bracket. We've never had an issue installing a 7mm drive in a notebook, but we've observed a few systems where a problem may occur. The 7mm form factor retains the same screw positions found on 9.5mm drives.
This is where I think you'll be shocked. We've seen three quarter PCB designs and even half-length designs, but the Ultra Plus is our first one quarter length design. The Marvell Van Gogh Lite was designed mainly for mSATA products and quad channel means four NAND flash packages work fine.
Here we see the actual drive - it's tiny. On this side SanDisk used two NAND flash chips, the Marvell controller and a Samsung DRAM chips.
Two more SanDisk NAND flash packages are on the opposite side.
We've yet to find a SanDisk NAND Flash Decoder sheet, but we do know this is SanDisk's latest and greatest 19nm part.
Getting a good image of the Marvell 9175 proved tricky, but we managed to snap a shot with the light hitting the controller just right to show the contrast of the laser etching.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [SanDisk Ultra Plus 256GB SSD]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Sequential Performance]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - AIDA64 Random Access Time]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Anvil Storage Utilities]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - CrystalDiskMark]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage Hard Disk Tests]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage - Drives with Data Testing]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - BootRacer]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - DiskBench]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Power Testing]
- Page 15 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- System Shock Remastered renamed System Shock, is now a reboot
- Woman wins $10,000 in forced Windows 10 upgrade case
- Design your own AI with this online training
- AMD's next-gen AM4 socket pictured on the ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Impact
- Tesla inks $9 billion deal to build a new factory in China
- Fractal Design CORE 500 Mini-ITX Small Form Factor Chassis Review
- H110M-ITX loses USB and PS1 when WIN 7 loads
- Why does my Monitor show static and lines occasionally when using 144hz?
- Considering a DK-04 when they come in stock, just have a few questions beforehand.
- Skylake Overclocking i7 6700k help please
- ADATA launches the Premier SP550 M.2 2280 SATA 6Gb/s SSD
- Mangstor's NX-Series storage arrays accelerate HPC throughput with new burst buffer capabilities
- Swiftech unveils new Komodo Waterblocks for NVIDIA GeForce GTX1080 and GTX1070 flagship video cards
- ADATA releases the HD700 and HV620S external hard drives
- BIOSTAR teams up with Apacer and Thermaltake to showcase high-end gaming machines