Inside the Node 605
Removing the thick and heavy top panel, flipping it over, you can see it is covered as much as possible without conflicting with its fit, with thick sound absorbing material to help keep noise down - nobody wants extra noise in an HTPC environment.
Looking from the back of the 605 forward, you will see the left side contains most of the front I/O wiring, and it's bundled nicely for transit. On the right is the pair of HDD racks that remove with a couple of screws to allow you to place up to four drives there.
Looking now at the right side of the chassis, you can see that Fractal Design has filled the first hole with a standard 120mm case fan, the other hole is left up to the buyer to decide if they want it, or if their CPU cooler will allow for it.
Looking at the back of the 605, there is the rear I/O and the section that is passive ventilation at the moment, but can house an optional pair of 80mm fans.
The seven expansion slots are pushed to the back of the chassis and are why there is the external cover over the screws. As for the power supply area, there aren't any support pads or a gasket to remove any vibrations - the PSU is supported by the back of the chassis only.
With the drive rack still in the chassis, you can't see the 120mm fan yet, but you can see how if you install the PSU on the right, the fan in it can draw through the mesh that is visible.
At this point I stood the chassis on its left side, removed the HDD trays and the center support bar. Not only do you now have unblocked access to the motherboard tray, the case is still very structurally sound without the support bar in place.
The wiring in the chassis is all black, even down to sleeve used on the fan wiring. From the front I/O you have the front panel connections, reset, USB 2.0, USB 3.0 with a tail allowing USB 2.0, and then there are the HD Audio and Firewire connection to the right.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Get Trained (and Certified) in Cloud Computing for $39
- Take to the campaign trail with The Political Machine 2016
- Rise of the Tomb Raider's latest patch improves HBAO+, and more
- Twitter has shut down over 125,000 accounts for promoting terrorism
- Google AI, Go champ match will be broadcast live on YouTube in March
- [SSD compatibility question] GA-X58A-UD3R with Samsung EVO Pro SSD
- I am the new guy
- The Hateful Eight (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- SSD compatibility
- ASrock z170 extreme 7+ Post code 00
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to IntelÃ'Â® Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance