Cooler Master Seidon 240M AIO CPU Cooler
One look at the head unit and you can tell it is neither an Asetek unit, nor a CoolIT unit, but a design that Cooler Master out sourced themselves. It has the Cooler Master name molded into the top cover, and even shows the direction of coolant flow in the loop on top of the fittings.
While really similar to the standard fittings on any of the AIO's out there, the CM version doesn't seem to need screws to hold in the swivel fittings that can rotate all the way around until it runs into the other hose and fitting.
The head unit uses a copper plate to cool the CPU and transfer the heat into the liquid. Since this is then a mixed metal loop, you need a coolant capable of not allowing electrolysis inside of the loop to occur. To ensure the base is well protected, CM ships it with a hard plastic cover to do just that.
One thing to note is that this unit ships without a pre-applied TIM on the copper plate. Also something to make these a bit more tamper proof is the use of all the triangle bit screws around the copper. As for the surface itself, it is milled slightly rough, but is very flat from edge to edge in any direction.
To power the head unit you will need to find a 3-pin header on the motherboard and since the dBA rating is so low at full speed, its better if the header is full 12V and not a PWM controlled one.
Between the head unit and the aluminium radiator there is over 12 inches of somewhat flexible rubber tubing that is covered in a ribbed plastic sleeve. This along with fully adjustable fittings on the head unit will make for a clean and kink free install in any chassis with the room for this larger radiator.
The Seidon 240M is named for the 240mm radiator included with this kit. The fins and micro channels are all aluminium, including the headers; it is just painted black to look better in your case.
It's a good thing these fans are rated for some great static pressure levels. At my count this radiator uses a high DPI count of 22 fins per inch. This radiator is going to need all the air flow it can get.
Something to keep in mind with these tests is that this is a 27mm thick version of a radiator. So in apples to apples, there is roughly the same surface area in this style of radiator as in the thicker single 120mm radiators. Just with a system like this you still have the Push/Pull option with better efficiency.
I went ahead a bit and grabbed the fans, the appropriate screws and got everything together for a fully assembled product image before I went ahead and covered the hardware.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [Cooler Master Seidon 240M AIO CPU Cooler]
- Page 5 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 6 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 7 [The Test System and Thermal Results]
- Page 8 [Noise Level Results]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- 6S Marketing hopes Apple names new phone the iPhone 7, not iPhone 6s
- Pandora announces Listener Love Day on Sept. 9, a day of ad-free music
- Xbox manager: 2015 shaping up to be best year of gaming since 2007
- Entrepreneur voices concerns robots could have on human workforce
- Simplify World Travel With the Twist Plus+ World Charging Station
- Are these the same?
- Really Need help with Asmedia SATA Bios/Drivers settings
- ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 support Intel SSD 750 Series
- Saberthooth 990FX gpu passtrough
- asrock x99 extreme 4 extra pins
- SEAGATE DELIVERS INDUSTRY'S BROADEST PORTFOLIO OF 8TB HARD DRIVES
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015