The Build and Finished Product
To gain access to the bays, all you have to do is unlock the wire clips. The heavy steel bay covers fall out, and will allow access to use them. You can also see how the wiring blocks off the top slot. You do have to install the optical drives a bit deep, but it will allow for the clips to lock over a device or reservoir.
With the build underway I added the DVD drive after removing the steel blank left in each of the bottom three slots. I then slid it in until the clips were locked on the front, and then using the tool-free clips on the sides, I locked the drive into place.
While I was wiring the front I/O to the motherboard I was disappointed to see that the HD Audio cable is still too short in Antec cases. Technically I could have connected it, but needing to use my PCI-e slots, angling it across the board wasn't going to work either.
With the build now complete, you can see I was able to get quite a bit inside the GX700. You can see there were no issues with the tower cooler (look for it in an upcoming review), and I was even able to shoe horn the HIS Radeon HD 7950 in there.
A look above the cooler and motherboard shows you that there is definitely room for an AIO radiator in there, and even some of the thinner custom ones.
There was nothing out of the realm of normal to mention in the back either. The rear I/O shield is snug, the card fit the slots perfectly, and the PSU went in without any issues.
While I did need more than the five supplied ties, I was able to manage the wiring pretty well. Trying to keep most of it left of the motherboard tray is where you need to route most of it, but I had no issues with the panel going back on over this layout of wiring.
With both the panels back on, and only the need for power and some testing to go, we get this glamour shot of the GX700 before I add the power.
Once powered up, the only thing to let you know is the pair of LEDs on the front. Just to the right of the power button are the green power and the red HDD activity LEDs that I caught while illuminated.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Light's new camera has 16 camera sensors, takes 52-megapixel photos
- HP unveils its new 34-inch curved all-in-one 'Envy' PC
- Netflix increases its $8.99 per month plan to $9.99 per month
- 'Furious 8' finally lands a director
- NVIDIA rumored to discontinue the 2GB version of the GeForce GTX 960
- Got a Gaming 9 ACK X99S MSI MB to trade ..
- Bootloop Issue with GA-Z97N-WiFi even after RMA
- D-Link DCH-S160 mydlink Wi-Fi Smart Home Water Sensor Review
- ga-z170x-UD5 m.2 raid and intel rst drivers will not let me install windows to the raid
- X99 Extreme 4 and Thunderbolt
- EVGA Gives Away Free Cooler Shroud Replacement to its HYBRID Series Owners
- Shuttle Offers Value Priced XPC Nano Small Form Factor PC
- MSI Announces the DS502 7.1 Gaming Headset with Active Noise-Cancelation
- Netgear Introduces Quad-Mode Business-Class Wireless-AC Access Points
- Nokia announces planned leadership and organizational structure for combined Nokia and Alcatel-Lucent