The Build and Finished Product
To gain access to the bays, all you have to do is unlock the wire clips. The heavy steel bay covers fall out, and will allow access to use them. You can also see how the wiring blocks off the top slot. You do have to install the optical drives a bit deep, but it will allow for the clips to lock over a device or reservoir.
With the build underway I added the DVD drive after removing the steel blank left in each of the bottom three slots. I then slid it in until the clips were locked on the front, and then using the tool-free clips on the sides, I locked the drive into place.
While I was wiring the front I/O to the motherboard I was disappointed to see that the HD Audio cable is still too short in Antec cases. Technically I could have connected it, but needing to use my PCI-e slots, angling it across the board wasn't going to work either.
With the build now complete, you can see I was able to get quite a bit inside the GX700. You can see there were no issues with the tower cooler (look for it in an upcoming review), and I was even able to shoe horn the HIS Radeon HD 7950 in there.
A look above the cooler and motherboard shows you that there is definitely room for an AIO radiator in there, and even some of the thinner custom ones.
There was nothing out of the realm of normal to mention in the back either. The rear I/O shield is snug, the card fit the slots perfectly, and the PSU went in without any issues.
While I did need more than the five supplied ties, I was able to manage the wiring pretty well. Trying to keep most of it left of the motherboard tray is where you need to route most of it, but I had no issues with the panel going back on over this layout of wiring.
With both the panels back on, and only the need for power and some testing to go, we get this glamour shot of the GX700 before I add the power.
Once powered up, the only thing to let you know is the pair of LEDs on the front. Just to the right of the power button are the green power and the red HDD activity LEDs that I caught while illuminated.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Battlefield 4 'Summer update' arrives on September 1
- Sony Xperia Z4 Tablet reaches Australia, available right now
- Six people busted for using Lizard Squad's custom DDoS tool
- Square Enix improvised Final Fantasy 7's development, says Nomura
- Ashley Madison growing, including almost 90K women last week
- PC-Q01/PC-Q03 Sizing Questions
- USB 3.0 header availability for PC-C37?
- Clean install windows 10 after being an insider
- Corsair Hydro H110i GTX High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler Review
- H97 boards, graphics cards and CPUs running hotter than on Z97 boards
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20