Inside the Antec GX700
Once I removed the door panels it made it much easier to see inside the GX700. The first glance shows they bundled the wiring nicely, attached the hardware to the HDD tray, and stashed some paper work in behind the hard drive rack.
The 3+1 ODD setup is called that since the top bay is blocked by the I/O wiring coming down from the top. All four bays use the tool-free twist and lock clips on both sides of the rack. If you do plan to use the top bay, it will take a fan controller or something shorter, just note that an optical drive won't fit.
The five trays in the hard drive rack all slide out to the back of the chassis. Simply wrapping around any 3.5" drive is how these are to be used, but they do also offer holes to install 2.5" drives centered in each tray. Notice there are no fans in the front of the bays, you will need to add them here if desired.
In the top of the chassis there is a pair of 140mm fans installed by Antec. You can always swap these out for 120mm fans, and with the offset to the motherboard tray, Antec left plenty of room for AIO installation here.
The motherboard tray will accommodate Mini-ITX, Micro-ATX, and ATX motherboards with good access to the back plate through the access hole. There are seven places to pass wires through depending on the motherboard, and only three places to tie down wiring.
The floor of the chassis is ventilated at the back so that you can install a PSU fan down and utilize the dust filter. There are four raise steel bumps the PSU will rest on. Now you can read the Antec Design that is embossed into the floor.
Inside the rear of the chassis is the third and final fan included in the GX700, this 120mm fan. Below the fan are seven expansion slots that are break away and won't re-install. There is a cool little cover over the thumbscrews, though.
Since the thumbscrews were set so deep into the case, actually outside the back, they had to clean it up a bit and added this cover. It clips on the inside and may be a security feature, but it is easy to get open from the outside, too.
Behind the motherboard tray there is 10-12mm depending on the area. Off to the left near the bays, there is plenty of room to tuck wiring, but you will need to get creative on wire management as there are so few places to tie wiring down to in this chassis.
The wiring that comes from the front I/O is a tad short and barely reaches the table top. There are the HD Audio, USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 on the left. On the right are the F_Panel wires, a 4-pin Molex to power the fan controller, and the four male connections to connect various fans to.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Get the latest update for Pokémon GO on Android and iOS
- Pre-order Skyrim-themed Monopoly game for March 2017
- Google working on standalone mixed reality headset
- Battlefield 1 patch v1.02 released, UI fixes and more
- 'The Get Down' costs Netflix $16 million per episode
- BP2SATA - Do I need to connect both power ports?
- HyperX ALLOY FPS Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Independence Day Resurgence 4K Blu-ray Review
- Battlefield 1 Multiplayer Gameplay Thoughts
- GA-PH67A-UD3-B3 Resume fail after suspend with Linux
- BIOSTAR unveils its GeForce GTX 1060 dual-fan video cards
- Manli announces GeForce GTX 1050 Gallardo Series video cards
- Eurocom launches the ultrathin 15.6' Sky M5 R2 VR Ready gaming laptop with Intel Core i7 6700HQ, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (6 GB GDDR5), 4G LTE support, 64 GB DDR4 memory, 6 TB SSD storage
- ENERMAX releases Steelwing aluminum case
- ENERMAX Platimax D.F. PSU is available now