Features of the DFI NFII Lanparty
First thing you will notice is the size of the box. Measuring 375x386x120mm, we first thought when this package arrived, "This must have something good inside". When you first crack open the box, you're greeted with an assortment of extras. Once you manage to get it all out of the box, you get to see the actual motherboard for the first time.
After removing the tray holding the motherboard, you get your first look at what DFI have in store for this very attractive motherboard. First off we see the cable set for the motherboard itself. This includes two Firewire port brackets, SPDIF audio bracket, game port bracket and one Serial ATA cable.
First off in the accessories we look at the FrontX. FrontX is DFI's front panel access system for user's access to USB, Firewire and audio ports at the front of your case. This allows the maximum expansion without sacrificing front panel access. The FrontX fits in to a standard 5.25 inch drive bay. As standard, DFI includes two stereo ports for headphones and mic in, one 6 pin Firewire port and two USB ports. DFI allows for future access to extra devices with two mini ports and one full size FrontX port still available for future use.
Next we look at the cables for the motherboard. DFI is amongst the few manufacturers to supply rounded IDE and FDD cables. These cables are extremely long for use in full tower cases. Another neat feature is these cables are UV reactive. This means if you have UV black light in your PC case, these cables will glow green under them, along with the motherboard itself. While this serves no technical advantage, it is definitely a great option for case modders.
Lastly we look at the PC Transpo. Being a Lanparty product by name also means that it's Lanparty by nature. PC Transpo is a carry strap for your PC. This unit wraps around a standard Midi Tower case with pouches in the sides for your Keyboard, mouse and various other cables you will need to transport to a LAN event - In all a great addition for the hardcore Lan'er.
Software wise, DFI provides you with what you will need in order to install your Windows OS. DFI doesn't provide any Linux support out of the box like VIA does with its EPIA boards but drivers for Linux are out there. Instruction wise, the included user manual is very large with Chinese, German and English instructions with very detailed setup information, so even the newest of PC users can setup the NFII Lanparty with ease.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- DFI nForce 2 - Page 1 [Introduction]
- DFI nForce 2 - Page 2 [Specifications]
- DFI nForce 2 - Page 3 [Features - Package and Contents]
- DFI nForce 2 - Page 4 [Features - The Board and Overclocking]
- DFI nForce 2 - Page 5 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and Sandra 2003 MAX3]
- DFI nForce 2 - Page 6 [Benchmarks - 3DMark2001SE]
- DFI nForce 2 - Page 7 [Benchmarks - 3DMark03]
- DFI nForce 2 - Page 8 [Benchmarks - PCMark2002]
- DFI nForce 2 - Page 9 [Benchmarks - Code Creatures]
- DFI nForce 2 - Page 10 [Benchmarks - Comanche 4]
- DFI nForce 2 - Page 11 [Benchmarks - Quake 3 Arena]
- DFI nForce 2 - Page 12 [Benchmarks - Jedi Knight II]
- DFI nForce 2 - Page 13 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 2003]
- DFI nForce 2 - Page 14 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD Radeon RX Vega loses to GTX 1080 at 1080p
- Halo 6's 'compelling' story will focus on Master Chief
- AMD Radeon RX Vega bundled with Quake Champions
- Nintendo won't be at E3 2017
- AI to replace over 50% of ALL jobs in the next 10 years
- Cutting LED-Strips - LED50RGB-2
- ASUS USB-AC53 Nano AC1200 Wireless Adapter Review
- GIGABYTE Xtreme Gaming XTC700 CPU Cooler Review
- ASRock 990fx Extreme9 and NVMe support
- HDD to SSD
- Get ready for Intel Optane memory with ASRock 200 series motherboards!
- Acer unleashes the Predator Triton 700, a thin yet powerful gaming notebook without compromise
- Acer's new Predator monitors with quantum dot technology deliver spectacular gameplay experiences
- Acer expands its gaming notebook line with the powerful Predator Helios 300
- Western Digital ships fourth-generation Helium Hard Drive platform with Ultrastar He12 12TB advanced storage hard drives