DFI's past motherboard offerings have been very plain, very little in features and overclocking. This time around, it is not the case. The DFI NFII Lanparty has brought together all that DFI has strived for in its overclockers market.
DFI has provided in its NFII Lanparty series a great deal of useful features, especially designed for the avid Lan'er, as the name would suggest. Dual Ethernet comes highly recommended for users who need one connection for their broadband and one for the LAN events without interfering with each others settings, or if you wish, you can dual link into the hubs for 200MB/s transfers, which is harder to setup but possible especially under Windows XP. Addition of Serial ATA gives compatibility with upcoming Serial ATA drives, while it would be nice for Native support, nVidia doesn't support this yet.
In all we were pleased with DFI's first real effort into the overclocker's realm with a great product and much promise shown from a company who dealt OEM most of its business life.
Dual DDR Support
LAN Carry system
FrontX front panel access
No active cooling on Northbridge
Placement of 4 pin power could be better
Rating - 9 / 10
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- DFI nForce 2 - Page 1 [Introduction]
- DFI nForce 2 - Page 2 [Specifications]
- DFI nForce 2 - Page 3 [Features - Package and Contents]
- DFI nForce 2 - Page 4 [Features - The Board and Overclocking]
- DFI nForce 2 - Page 5 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and Sandra 2003 MAX3]
- DFI nForce 2 - Page 6 [Benchmarks - 3DMark2001SE]
- DFI nForce 2 - Page 7 [Benchmarks - 3DMark03]
- DFI nForce 2 - Page 8 [Benchmarks - PCMark2002]
- DFI nForce 2 - Page 9 [Benchmarks - Code Creatures]
- DFI nForce 2 - Page 10 [Benchmarks - Comanche 4]
- DFI nForce 2 - Page 11 [Benchmarks - Quake 3 Arena]
- DFI nForce 2 - Page 12 [Benchmarks - Jedi Knight II]
- DFI nForce 2 - Page 13 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 2003]
- DFI nForce 2 - Page 14 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- PlayStation VR launches in Japan: over 51K units sold
- 'Deadpool' director Tim Miller walks from sequel
- Do you have questions for Elon Musk? Now is time to ask
- Huge cyber attack involved 10s of millions IP addresses
- Apple's iPod changed the world of music 15 years ago
- Independence Day Resurgence 4K Blu-ray Review
- Battlefield 1 Multiplayer Gameplay Thoughts
- GA-PH67A-UD3-B3 Resume fail after suspend with Linux
- h61m-dgs gigabyte not see DDR_A1
- BSI3H-6100 long time to post
- Eurocom launches the ultrathin 15.6' Sky M5 R2 VR Ready gaming laptop with Intel Core i7 6700HQ, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (6 GB GDDR5), 4G LTE support, 64 GB DDR4 memory, 6 TB SSD storage
- ENERMAX releases Steelwing aluminum case
- ENERMAX Platimax D.F. PSU is available now
- ENERMAX launches Revolution Duo power supply with DUOFlowTM design for active ventilation
- Razer unveils new Razer Blade Pro gaming notebook