Zalman provides a great selection of cables to go along with the ZM1250. Dual ATX 4+4 and EPS12V connectors are available for those who need it, though it would be nice to see one of these available as a modular connector so that excess cabling could be removed if it isn't needed.
Two different types of PCI-E cables are provided. Two of them have dual PCI-E connectors while the other four feature only single connectors. Peripherals are handled via 12 SATA connectors over three cables and nine Molex connectors over two cables. There is a single FDD adapter included should it be needed.
Rail distribution is simple for a dual rail power supply. The first 12V rail provides power for the CPU, motherboard, and all peripheral connections. The second 12V rail handles power for all PCI-E connections. It doesn't get much simpler than this and is spelled out on the I/O specification label for the user.
A Look Inside
Passive cooling is handled via multiple heat sinks around the unit. There isn't any fancy heat pipe cooling like we saw with the ZM1000-HP Plus, but rather solid pieces of aluminum to draw the heat away.
A pair of Nippon Chemi-Con capacitors reside on the primary side of the Zalman ZM1250 Platinum power supply.
More Nippon Chemi-Con capacitors are found on the secondary side as well.
Ong Hua provides the active cooling fan for the ZM1250. The HA1425M12B-Z fan is a 140mm ball bearing fan.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- NVIDIA's purported GeForce GTX 1060 will rock 6GB of RAM
- Windows 95 has been installed onto an Apple Watch... because why not
- Battlefield 5: Eastern Front rumors are reportedly fake
- Samsung 'Bedtime VR Stories' is a truly new way of telling stories
- First Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare trailer now live
- Sabertooth Z170 S - Accessory fan
- C2750D4I BMC Self Test Status Failure
- WD 1TB Black drive memory dump while Win 7 installed.
- Corsair K70 RGB RAPIDFIRE Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Creative Sound Blaster Roar Pro Bluetooth Portable Speaker Review
- ASRock and Intel teams up to create one of the smallest mini PCs: DeskMini
- Sapphire launches Radeon Pro Duo for ultimate VR & 4K experience
- Seagate now shipping 10TB helium enterprise drive in volume
- ENERMAX announces the new DFR technology with D.F.PRESSURE
- World's first 24/7 esports TV channel launched