The cable summary for the PT-650M makes it look much more complicated that it really is. This is because each cable is different from every other. Native cables include the Main, ATX 4+4, and a single PCI-E connector. Everything else is modular. This includes one PCI-E connector, nine SATA connectors over two cables, and four Molex plus a FDD connector over two more cables. Those with multiple hard drives will love the short SATA cable with connectors stacked two inches apart as it really helps keep the cable clutter down on the back side of the drives.
Rail distribution for the PT-650M is relatively simplistic for a quad rail power supply and is noted on the I/O specification label of the power supply. 12V1 powers the Main and all of the peripheral connections while 12V2 handles the ATX 4+4 connector for the motherboard. This leaves 12V3 and 12V4 to each power one of the PCI-E cables.
A Look Inside
Opening things up, we find a minimalistic PCB with a few small heatsinks as is often the case with lower wattage units. They don't require nearly as much passive or active cooling as some of the higher wattage units do.
A single Nippon Chemi-Con capacitor can be found on the primary side of the PT-650M power supply.
More Nippon Chemi-Con capacitors are found on the secondary side as well.
Active cooling for the FSP PT-650M power supply is provided via the Protechnic Electric MGA12012HF-A25 120mm fan.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Just Cause 3's map is huge, covering 400 square miles
- Cards Against Humanity sold nothing over Black Friday, still made $54k
- Das Keyboard takes $20 off keyboards, $0 shipping for holiday sales
- Remedy has finished the 'shivering' end scene in Quantum Break
- Razer injects chromatic flavor into Lenovo's new gaming PC lineup
- Newly built PC won't boot
- Spectre (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- New ASUS Notebook: Event Log flooding with Event ID 17 warnings from WHEA-Logger
- Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- NEed help setting bios
- BRAVEN Balance, the Active Lifestyle Bluetooth Speaker Now Available
- COGITO FIT WINS DESIGN FOR ASIA AWARD
- SP/ Silicon Power Announces Flagship CompactFlash Memory Card - Superior CF 1100X Born For Ultimate Performance
- Team Group Announces Neptune Gaming SO-DIMM Memory
- Cooltek Announces the Skall Series ATX Mid-tower Chassis