The cable summary for the PT-650M makes it look much more complicated that it really is. This is because each cable is different from every other. Native cables include the Main, ATX 4+4, and a single PCI-E connector. Everything else is modular. This includes one PCI-E connector, nine SATA connectors over two cables, and four Molex plus a FDD connector over two more cables. Those with multiple hard drives will love the short SATA cable with connectors stacked two inches apart as it really helps keep the cable clutter down on the back side of the drives.
Rail distribution for the PT-650M is relatively simplistic for a quad rail power supply and is noted on the I/O specification label of the power supply. 12V1 powers the Main and all of the peripheral connections while 12V2 handles the ATX 4+4 connector for the motherboard. This leaves 12V3 and 12V4 to each power one of the PCI-E cables.
A Look Inside
Opening things up, we find a minimalistic PCB with a few small heatsinks as is often the case with lower wattage units. They don't require nearly as much passive or active cooling as some of the higher wattage units do.
A single Nippon Chemi-Con capacitor can be found on the primary side of the PT-650M power supply.
More Nippon Chemi-Con capacitors are found on the secondary side as well.
Active cooling for the FSP PT-650M power supply is provided via the Protechnic Electric MGA12012HF-A25 120mm fan.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- PlayStation 4 with a bonus $100 gift card as Slim nears
- How to make a living taking down hackers
- Battlefield 1 beta will run for eight days
- Turn into a certified hacker with premium training
- Samsung begins shipping its Dolby Atmos soundbars
- Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Performance Analysis
- Reeven Polariz RFC-04 Fan Controller Review
- Bootable RAID 0 via dual u.2 ports on x99 Designare EX
- Intel shows Merged Reality Technologies at IDF 2016
- Lenovo ThinkPad P70 Mobile Workstation Notebook Review
- ADATA launches the ultimate SU800SATA 6Gb/s 3D NAND SSD
- CAPE Audio shakes up the headphone industry with the release of Rebellion Headphones
- Tesoro announces ambidextrous, White Sharur SE Spectrum gaming mouse
- Eurocom launches worlds first GTX 1080 SLI VR-Ready laptop
- Thermaltake new Pacific RGB G1/4 PETG Tube 16mm OD 12mm ID 6 liquid-cooling fittings with 1 RGB LED lighting controller