The cable summary for the PT-650M makes it look much more complicated that it really is. This is because each cable is different from every other. Native cables include the Main, ATX 4+4, and a single PCI-E connector. Everything else is modular. This includes one PCI-E connector, nine SATA connectors over two cables, and four Molex plus a FDD connector over two more cables. Those with multiple hard drives will love the short SATA cable with connectors stacked two inches apart as it really helps keep the cable clutter down on the back side of the drives.
Rail distribution for the PT-650M is relatively simplistic for a quad rail power supply and is noted on the I/O specification label of the power supply. 12V1 powers the Main and all of the peripheral connections while 12V2 handles the ATX 4+4 connector for the motherboard. This leaves 12V3 and 12V4 to each power one of the PCI-E cables.
A Look Inside
Opening things up, we find a minimalistic PCB with a few small heatsinks as is often the case with lower wattage units. They don't require nearly as much passive or active cooling as some of the higher wattage units do.
A single Nippon Chemi-Con capacitor can be found on the primary side of the PT-650M power supply.
More Nippon Chemi-Con capacitors are found on the secondary side as well.
Active cooling for the FSP PT-650M power supply is provided via the Protechnic Electric MGA12012HF-A25 120mm fan.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- 'Star Wars: Rebels' renewed for third season
- Formula E planning driverless championship for 2016
- Microsoft has reportedly fired 60 engineers working on HoloLens
- Recreational drone literally pokes UK toddler's eye out
- Nintendo NX has a 60% chance at succeeding, says analyst
- [ASROCK A75 PRO4] What should my next step be?
- Gigsbyte motherboard supprt problem
- be quiet! Dark Rock TF Top Flow CPU Cooler Review
- Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 Problems With USB3
- Star Wars Battlefront PlayStation 4 Review
- Students pitch ideas to gaming guru
- Announcing The Live TwitchTV Launch Of Stellar Stars On Steam Greenlight and IndieGoGo This December 1st
- Black Friday - The action game! 45 seconds of fun, fast paced colourful satire. 'Beat The Crowd'
- F1 2015: 'RACING AS CHAMPIONS' AHEAD OF THE 2015 FORMULA 1 ETIHAD AIRWAYS ABU DHABI GRAND PRIX
- Nintendo Download Highlights New Digital Content for Nintendo Systems - Nov. 26, 2015