Inside the Levetron GM-2000
There is only one screw to remove, and by gently separating the back half, it allows you to slide back the top to unlatch a pair of clips. Inside the lens in the bottom is free to float around, as for the PCB in the middle; I disconnected that from the bottom half so it was easier to show.
The clear plastic scroll wheel is just connected to the mouse with a central pin in the other side that registers the scroll of the wheel. You can also see it offers the click feature of the wheel with the switch on this side.
Removing the wheel for a much better view of the switch types, you can clearly see that HUANO switches are used under the right and left click buttons, and the ZHIJ switch is used under the scroll wheel.
This is a view of the PAN chip made by PIX. This is a 16-bit controller that not only controls the communications of all the components, but is what also controls the tracking as this optical sensor offers its 2000 DPI maximum.
I also wanted to show that the LEDs in the GM-2000 are old school and large compared to the surface mount LEDs we typically see.
The top PCB that controls the DPI selector button with the use of the ZHIJ switch to the right, it also houses the micro-switches for the side buttons functionality, but I cannot find a name on them.
Putting the Levetron GM-2000 back together, I plugged it in to be sure I have everything correct. Instantly upon system recognition, you are given the red glow of the LED illumination. As you can see, the lighting shows right through the pattern on the sides.
The other side you can see glows just as well, and since I have the DPI set to 2000 currently the red LED in front of the DPI button also glows brightly. The AZiO logo on the heel is also illuminated, but oddly enough, the clear scroll wheel does not.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- $32 million of Ethereum stolen by hackers
- Fake AMD Ryzen CPUs have been sent by Amazon
- Avast acquires CCleaner and Speeccy developer Piriform
- Ubisoft hints AC Origins' RPG elements will be monetized
- Google Pixel XL 2 looks amazing in the new concept video
- Cryptocurrency mining deflates, used GPUs hit eBay
- G.SKILL TridentZ RGB DDR4-3600 32GB Memory Kit Review
- ASRock X299 Taichi Motherboard Review
- Transcend ESD220C 120GB Portable SSD Review
- Need help getting backup bios to work z77 d3h
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4