Inside the Levetron GM-2000
There is only one screw to remove, and by gently separating the back half, it allows you to slide back the top to unlatch a pair of clips. Inside the lens in the bottom is free to float around, as for the PCB in the middle; I disconnected that from the bottom half so it was easier to show.
The clear plastic scroll wheel is just connected to the mouse with a central pin in the other side that registers the scroll of the wheel. You can also see it offers the click feature of the wheel with the switch on this side.
Removing the wheel for a much better view of the switch types, you can clearly see that HUANO switches are used under the right and left click buttons, and the ZHIJ switch is used under the scroll wheel.
This is a view of the PAN chip made by PIX. This is a 16-bit controller that not only controls the communications of all the components, but is what also controls the tracking as this optical sensor offers its 2000 DPI maximum.
I also wanted to show that the LEDs in the GM-2000 are old school and large compared to the surface mount LEDs we typically see.
The top PCB that controls the DPI selector button with the use of the ZHIJ switch to the right, it also houses the micro-switches for the side buttons functionality, but I cannot find a name on them.
Putting the Levetron GM-2000 back together, I plugged it in to be sure I have everything correct. Instantly upon system recognition, you are given the red glow of the LED illumination. As you can see, the lighting shows right through the pattern on the sides.
The other side you can see glows just as well, and since I have the DPI set to 2000 currently the red LED in front of the DPI button also glows brightly. The AZiO logo on the heel is also illuminated, but oddly enough, the clear scroll wheel does not.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- New chip could charge your phone in 10 minutes, Samsung interested
- 2nd-gen MSI ECO series motherboards debut
- Raspberry Pi Zero is a $5 programmable computer
- ASUS celebrates 20 years of making GPUs with GTX 980 Ti Golden Edition
- Star Wars Battlefront PC player count is poor, dominated by Fallout 4
- Gibabyte GA-Z170X- Gaming 7 Supported RAM (2 x16Gb or 4 x 8GB) ?
- heya! PC-A10 case parts?
- Enermax ETS-T40fit CPU Coolers Review
- Seagate Game Drive for PlayStation 1TB Review
- North Bridge Frequency Locked at 4300 on Fatal1ty X99M Killer/3.1 Board
- Eurocom offers $500 USD off Black Friday & Cyber Monday deal for EUROCOM Sky X9 Desktop Laptop with Intel Skylake desktop class CPUs and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Desktop GPU and 64 GB DDR4 memory
- MSI @ DREAMHACK WINTER 2015
- ADATA Releases the Lightning Card Reader
- MSI Announces ECO Series Socket LGA1151 Motherboards
- Mionix Announces New-generation SARGAS Mousepad Family