Installation and Finished Product
Installing the back plate is pretty simple. All you have to do is align the studs to fit the plate, and set the nylon risers over them to hold them to the board. Also the back plate is drilled to fit the socket both ways, so no real worries on getting it exactly right.
Since the black spacers were already in place when we ran the studs through the back, all you have left to do is set on the top brackets and screw them into place with the nuts provided.
After applying the thermal paste, set the cooler on the processor and install the top mounting bar that crosses the base. Once everything is centered, you can then install the nuts with the hex-heads screwing them in until they stop.
For those of you running low profile or bare memory like I have, you can see the fan will stand over them and not cause too much of an issue.
If you do plan to populate all four slots, you may run into some issues. With shorter sticks there is only a little effort needed to wiggle the stick in and out. For those using memory with heat spreaders, the fan will be pushing on the stick since it does reside over the nearest slot to the CPU.
It seems there must be a slight twist to this cooler after all. Trying as hard as I could, I couldn't reseat the cooler straight, and you can see the top of the motherboard is pretty level, but the T40 still sits at a bit of an angle from being perpendicular to the top edge as it should.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [NZXT Respire T40 CPU Cooler]
- Page 5 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 6 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 7 [The Test System and Thermal Results]
- Page 8 [Noise Level Results]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD performance issues in Darksiders Warmastered fixed
- Microsoft testing Gears of War 4 PC, console crossplay
- Final Fantasy XV ships five million units in first day
- SSD costs expected to rise by 6-10% in early 2017
- Playdead drops Inside game demo free via Steam site
- ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard Review
- ASRock 990fx extreme4 & Fast- Ultra Fast Boot Issues
- Fnatic Gear Clutch G1 Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- X99 Professional Gaming i7 and RAM question
- ADATA SV620 480GB Portable SSD Review
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand
- Plantronics launches RIG 800 series - first 24-hour wireless gaming headset
- Tesoro opens new product line with the release of its Zone Balance gaming chair