Installation and Finished Product
Installing the back plate is pretty simple. All you have to do is align the studs to fit the plate, and set the nylon risers over them to hold them to the board. Also the back plate is drilled to fit the socket both ways, so no real worries on getting it exactly right.
Since the black spacers were already in place when we ran the studs through the back, all you have left to do is set on the top brackets and screw them into place with the nuts provided.
After applying the thermal paste, set the cooler on the processor and install the top mounting bar that crosses the base. Once everything is centered, you can then install the nuts with the hex-heads screwing them in until they stop.
For those of you running low profile or bare memory like I have, you can see the fan will stand over them and not cause too much of an issue.
If you do plan to populate all four slots, you may run into some issues. With shorter sticks there is only a little effort needed to wiggle the stick in and out. For those using memory with heat spreaders, the fan will be pushing on the stick since it does reside over the nearest slot to the CPU.
It seems there must be a slight twist to this cooler after all. Trying as hard as I could, I couldn't reseat the cooler straight, and you can see the top of the motherboard is pretty level, but the T40 still sits at a bit of an angle from being perpendicular to the top edge as it should.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [NZXT Respire T40 CPU Cooler]
- Page 5 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 6 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 7 [The Test System and Thermal Results]
- Page 8 [Noise Level Results]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Palmer Luckey spends money on pro-Trump 'meme magic'
- The biggest telescope begins its search for alien life
- Want to play Battlefield 1 early? Prepare for October 13
- Huawei and Leica establish new R&D center for VR and AR
- How you can become a hacker's worst nightmare
- Mirror's Edge Catalyst Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- Prepping LGA2011 Build
- Unable to find BIOS update for motherboard
- Lian Li O Series Multiple Expansion card support
- asrock fatality h170 performance red light on bios and not monitor output no beeps
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now