Specifications, Availability and Pricing
Going down the list for the SGK-6000-GKCG1-US version of the CM Storm Trigger you can see right away that Cooler Master addresses everything important in a keyboard. They attack NKRO with a 6-key roll over solution with Anti-Ghosting capability. It offers Multi-Media keys, Macro keys, LED lighting controls with a full backlit option, and comes with a detachable wrist rest. Other offerings include a Windows key lockout, a two port USB 2.0 hub, 1000MHz polling rate, 64KB of on board memory for the software profile and Macro storage, and all of this is done in a much more attractive packaging than what we saw with the QuickFire Pro.
The one thing I have yet to cover is the foundation of this specific Trigger is the gold plated Cherry MX green switches used here. Essentially to make life easy in the description, they are a stiffer version of Cherry MX blue switches. The greens have a very stiff feel compared to all of the Cherry switches I have tested. They also have a defined actuation point, not only by the obvious click that comes from it, but there is definitely a fair bit of resistance that wasn't so apparent in the blues. While it has taken a couple of days for my forearms to get used to the heavier springs in the greens, once that was done, I do feel that I mistype random keys a lot less frequently as well since each key takes so much pressure to use, even if slightly on the side of another key, it isn't likely activated. So whether playing a game or typing as I am right now, you get what you mean to use out of the keyboard; making it generally more enjoyable to use.
While you can shop just about anywhere for the four original versions of the Trigger carrying blacks, blues, browns, or reds, there is only one place to find this version with the Cherry MX green switches. When I was asked to do the review, I was informed of the MSRP and it was set to $129.99 at the CM Store only. As I went to check it out, I was pleasantly surprised to see that the CM Store is actually listing the Trigger with Cherry MX green switches is listing for $104.99 currently. I am sure that price is subject to change at any time, but it does strike me odd that the unicorn of Cherry switches is the cheapest offering the CM store has for any of the Trigger keyboards.
Any way you look at it, you are getting a very well equipped solution based off of switches that not everyone will be able to get. So if you have the money handy act fast, because with limited quantities of this specific Trigger mechanical keyboard, those who wait will likely lose out.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [CM Storm Trigger Mechanical Gaming Keyboard]
- Page 5 [CM Storm Trigger Continued]
- Page 6 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 7 [Disassembly and Finished Product]
- Page 8 [Software]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Genesis Alpha One is the 80s sci-fi game I always wanted
- iPhone 7 explodes, smoke coming out caught on video
- Mass Effect: Andromeda on PC is Origin exclusive
- Nintendo sues company for real life Mario Kart racing
- Horizon Zero Dawn launch trailer, first patches detailed
- Asus Zenfone 2 Laser 5.5s rear camera is not working
- ASUS ROG SWIFT PG258Q: Crazy Fast Gaming @ 1080p 240Hz
- Cannot access the BIOS on a laptop
- Extreme6 Z97 and Samsung M.2 EVO 960 setup
- BIOSTAR RACING B250GT5 Unboxing and User Experience
- ASRock launches a new era of performance with AMD Ryzen motherboards
- Nintendo eShop, Indie Games Ready for Nintendo Switch Launch
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications