Specifications, Availability and Pricing
Going down the list for the SGK-6000-GKCG1-US version of the CM Storm Trigger you can see right away that Cooler Master addresses everything important in a keyboard. They attack NKRO with a 6-key roll over solution with Anti-Ghosting capability. It offers Multi-Media keys, Macro keys, LED lighting controls with a full backlit option, and comes with a detachable wrist rest. Other offerings include a Windows key lockout, a two port USB 2.0 hub, 1000MHz polling rate, 64KB of on board memory for the software profile and Macro storage, and all of this is done in a much more attractive packaging than what we saw with the QuickFire Pro.
The one thing I have yet to cover is the foundation of this specific Trigger is the gold plated Cherry MX green switches used here. Essentially to make life easy in the description, they are a stiffer version of Cherry MX blue switches. The greens have a very stiff feel compared to all of the Cherry switches I have tested. They also have a defined actuation point, not only by the obvious click that comes from it, but there is definitely a fair bit of resistance that wasn't so apparent in the blues. While it has taken a couple of days for my forearms to get used to the heavier springs in the greens, once that was done, I do feel that I mistype random keys a lot less frequently as well since each key takes so much pressure to use, even if slightly on the side of another key, it isn't likely activated. So whether playing a game or typing as I am right now, you get what you mean to use out of the keyboard; making it generally more enjoyable to use.
While you can shop just about anywhere for the four original versions of the Trigger carrying blacks, blues, browns, or reds, there is only one place to find this version with the Cherry MX green switches. When I was asked to do the review, I was informed of the MSRP and it was set to $129.99 at the CM Store only. As I went to check it out, I was pleasantly surprised to see that the CM Store is actually listing the Trigger with Cherry MX green switches is listing for $104.99 currently. I am sure that price is subject to change at any time, but it does strike me odd that the unicorn of Cherry switches is the cheapest offering the CM store has for any of the Trigger keyboards.
Any way you look at it, you are getting a very well equipped solution based off of switches that not everyone will be able to get. So if you have the money handy act fast, because with limited quantities of this specific Trigger mechanical keyboard, those who wait will likely lose out.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [CM Storm Trigger Mechanical Gaming Keyboard]
- Page 5 [CM Storm Trigger Continued]
- Page 6 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 7 [Disassembly and Finished Product]
- Page 8 [Software]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Intel next-gen Xeon: 59% faster, up to 6TB Optane RAM
- Facebook Live goes social with Live videos with friends
- OnePlus 5 will feature Snapdragon 835, confirms CEO
- Divinity Original Sin 2 launches this September
- Unity valued at $2.8 billion
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds Benchmarked: CPU & GPU War
- NIC not working after BIOS corruption (ASUS X202E)
- Logitech Harmony Elite Advanced Remote Control Review
- C2750D4I won't get passed initializing 55
- Asus active pen (for T303UA)
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017