Installation and Finished Product
Looking at the back of the motherboard, there isn't a back plate used with the NH-L9i, just the addition of the four screws. The nylon washers will isolate these screws and keep things from shorting out.
Once the NH-L9i is securely mounted, I stepped back to see that this cooler is in no way going to encroach on any of your memory choices, nor will it block any of the slots. The same can be said for this cooler not encroaching on the PCI-e slots either, so even with a Mini-ITX system, there is no need to worry about that happening.
Since I am testing in an open air system with the board lying flat, the heat pipe orientation shouldn't matter. On that note, I didn't see where it said it shouldn't be installed any certain way, but I would assume the pies going side to side would work best.
This is what will really show why this cooler is so special. For those of you that have dealt with SFF chassis before, tower coolers and smaller coolers just won't fit. With the NH-L9i the cooler is shorter that the memory and only the fan is peeking over the top.
I like that there is enough height under the cooler to tuck in the fan cable and get that wiring managed. I also like the fact that there are no issues with clearance of the CPU power delivery heat sinks already on the board. You can also set this cooler to deflect its exhaust to the hotter heat sink and offering it some airflow to help keep things cool.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [Noctua NH-L9i Low-Profile CPU Cooler]
- Page 5 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 6 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 7 [The Test System and Thermal Results]
- Page 8 [Noise Level Results]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Bethesda sale: $13 Doom, cheap ESO and more
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds continues titanic growth
- Next-gen Hololens to have custom AI chip
- The OnePlus 5 8GB now available for immediate dispatch
- Microsoft Paint killed off with new Creators Update
- Comic-Con 2017 trailer round-up: MCU vs DCEU vs the rest
- graphics card not detected via riser cable
- Maximum ratio (x39) with 4,06GHz for i7 4770 on GA Z87X-UD3H?
- Supermicro SuperO Booster Software Guide
- How to make one network using 2 routers
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4