NZXT Respire T20 CPU Cooler
Once out of the packaging you can see the 120mm fan chosen with the seven white blades and black frame covers more than the fins behind it. Just slightly missing the corners of the fin body, this fan should have no issues cooling these fins.
From the right side of the T20 you can see the fan is near as thick as the fins behind it. With the use of three pipes with the fatter one in the middle, it doesn't leave a lot of room for them to go through the aluminum fins.
From the back you can now see the angle of the 48 fins, and you can also see the half of a fin on the right side at the top. You can also see that due to the thin depth of the cooler, the 8mm pipe has to be offset from the 6mm ones to allow them all to fit.
The fan clips use these two tabs on each side of the cooler to lock the fan onto the fins. You can see the design would allow for a second fan, but no extra clips are included.
To hold the new hardware in place, NZXT uses this rough cut aluminum block to space the hardware properly and to give it something to buffer the pipes from damage. Since this cooler uses direct contact of the pipes to the IHS, NZXT decides to use some sort of epoxy to mount the aluminium to the pipes. It must be affordable, because they use a lot of it.
To keep the milled surface protected and to help prevent oxidation of the surfaces there is this clear sticker used that must be removed prior to installation.
As far as a direct contact cooler goes, I have seen better. While the copper and aluminium is milled flat across all of their surfaces, there are sizable gaps between the pipes and between them and the base. I would apply TIM just down the pipes to install this cooler.
Removing the fan from the cooler I flipped it around so we could see the DF1202512SELN fan chosen to cool the T20. You can also see you do get a black braided covering to the three pin wire.
The fan clips used here get screwed directly to the fan at the top and bottom of either side. Once they are screwed on, NZXT places a bit if rubber padding over the screw to isolate the fan from the cooler making the clips crab the cooler a little tighter.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [NZXT Respire T20 CPU Cooler]
- Page 5 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 6 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 7 [The Test System and Thermal Results]
- Page 8 [Noise Level Results]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- CS:GO is majorly dysfunctional for Australians and in New Zealanders
- Synology teases new OS for its NAS range, Apple Watch app for 2016
- Tesla P85D smashes two Motorsport cars in drag race
- Riot considers G2A sponsorship ban, asks teams to follow suit
- DICE says there will be no microtransactions in Star Wars Battlefront
- I Was Wondering If Someone Could Help Me With Driver Issue For SATA3 z97
- PhotoFast i-FlashDrive MAX 32GB USB iOS Flash Drive Review
- SSI EEB support for Lian Li high end chassis
- Need help with a build
- Force M7 Thor Mouse does not wake system?
- Nokia announces planned leadership and organizational structure for combined Nokia and Alcatel-Lucent
- DOK SOLUTION UNVEILS CR09, 2 DEVICE CHARGER/CRADLE/CLOCK/SPEAKER/RADIO WITH 'SCD TECHNOLOGY' (SMART CURRENT DETECTION), NO MORE OVERCHARGING!
- FIRST CELLULAR ANDROID WEAR SMARTWATCH PREVIEWED AT LG EVENT
- LG UNVEILS V10, A SMARTPHONE DESIGNED WITH CREATIVITY IN MIND
- Marvell Teams Up with Google to Enable Chromecast 2.0 and Chromecast Audio