Having a look at the card you can tell we're dealing with quite a big one by the amount of length that ends after the PCIe x16 slot at the bottom. You can see we've got two big fans on the card and behind that we're got a huge pair of heatsinks along with a whole bunch of copper that can be seen. The overall shroud design isn't anything too new as we've seen it with other cards that fall under the new IceQ X2 name.
Moving to the top of the card we can see the huge amount of power that is required to get the card up and running. In this case it's three 8-pin PCIe power connectors. You also get a better look at the thickness of the card here.
Moving to the back quickly before continuing across the top we can see what's going on with the heatsink. You can see looking through the back of the card we're dealing with some massive heatsinks and some massive copper pipes are coming out. It will be interesting to see how well the cooler performs with those two GPUs sitting on the PCB.
Moving closer to the front of the card you can see we've got a single CrossFire connector here instead of the normal two that you'd see on a HD 7900 series based card. This is of course due to the fact that the maximum number of cores we can have is only four and being a dual GPU card means that we can only have a maximum of two of these video cards installed.
Looking at the I/O side of things we get an idea as to just how big the card is thanks to that massive triple slot setup. We also see behind the grills on the top half of the card the massive heatsink setup again. When it comes to the connectivity side of things we've got a DVI Port along with a HDMI port and four Mini DisplayPort connectors.
Having a look below we can see the clock speeds which sees both cores come in at 1050MHz. This is the same speed that we see on the new GHz Edition HD 7970's when boost kicks in. This is of course stronger than the original HD 7970 clock which came in at a lower 925MHz and Boost was not an option.
As for the massive 6GB of GDDR5 memory that comes in at 6000MHz QDR which is again the same speed as the GHz Edition HD 7970 and 500MHz QDR quicker than the original HD 7970.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Phantasy Star Online 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Just Cause 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - F1 2012]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Metro 2033]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Dirt Showdown]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Nexuiz]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Sniper Elite V2]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Sleeping Dogs]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 16 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 17 [Temperature Test]
- Page 18 [Sound Test]
- Page 19 [Power Consumption Test]
- Page 20 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Tesla's Model 3 priced as low as $25,000 after tax subsidies in the US
- Fuel cell maker teases 7-day battery life on smartphones inevitable
- Uber drops its 5% fee in London, to get taxi drivers using Uber
- Micron updates GDDR5X progression, volume production this summer
- Oculus Rift-ready gaming PC pre-orders will open on February 16
- Cougar 450M Ambidextrous Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- ASRock Fatal1ty Gaming Z170 Gaming K4 - Only Posts with one memory stick
- TP-LINK Archer C2600 MU-MIMO Wireless Dual-Band Router Review
- [SSD compatibility question] GA-X58A-UD3R with Samsung EVO Pro SSD
- The Hateful Eight (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to Intel Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance