As I get older my computers are changing. I value pixel density in a notebook over screen size on my desktop, longer battery life over frames per second and cool processing (so I don't burn my leg) over overclockability. Yes, I'm getting lame, but like many others, I've turned my passion for computers into a full time job and I work more than I game these days. Come to think of it...getting old kind of sucks. At least I still have football on the TV, like right now. My notebook, after being optimized, gives me enough power to write this review during a Bowl game and I don't need to go get the power brick.
We've proven today that using LoVo DRAM isn't just a marketing gimmick and actually increases battery performance. I was honestly surprised at how much more battery life we gained in our test today. We double the density as well, moving from 4GB to 8GB and at one point, I feared we might actually go backwards but luckily, that wasn't the case. In our test, we gained an additional 17 minutes of battery life, double the density and the end result is a more enjoyable user experience.
The Patriot Memory for Ultrabook costs more than run of the mill DDR3 SODIMMs, but it works as advertised. If you're looking at 8GB sticks there are only two manufacturers offering high speed 1600MHz products with 1.35V and Patriot is one of them. I'm picking up three sticks, one for each of my notebooks.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [Packaging and Patriot Memory for Ultrabook]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- GeForce GTX 1080 Ti teased from ZOTAC's FireStorm OC software
- Inno3D unleashes GeForce GTX 1080 iChill series, led by HerculeZ X4
- The Last Guardian coming in 2016, new footage and screenshots released
- Become a certified Microsoft Office expert with this bundle
- See the cancelled Legacy of Kain game in action
- Asrock 3-Way 2S2S SLI Bridge Card
- Amped Wireless Athena AC2600 RTA2600 MU-MIMO Wireless Router Review
- ASRock 990FX Extreme9 IPMI Module?
- Tweak Launcher dont work with x99-sli mobo
- SanDisk X400 1TB SATA III SSD Review
- Colorful introduces first custom GTX1080: Colorful iGameGTX1080 X-TOP-8G
- CybertronPC offers new NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 graphics on all desktops
- Inno3D announces new GeForce GTX 1080 video cards
- Samsung Electronics expands 750 EVO SSD with worldwide availability and increases capacity to 500GB
- Free public gamer event E3 Live to debut in Los Angeles