As I get older my computers are changing. I value pixel density in a notebook over screen size on my desktop, longer battery life over frames per second and cool processing (so I don't burn my leg) over overclockability. Yes, I'm getting lame, but like many others, I've turned my passion for computers into a full time job and I work more than I game these days. Come to think of it...getting old kind of sucks. At least I still have football on the TV, like right now. My notebook, after being optimized, gives me enough power to write this review during a Bowl game and I don't need to go get the power brick.
We've proven today that using LoVo DRAM isn't just a marketing gimmick and actually increases battery performance. I was honestly surprised at how much more battery life we gained in our test today. We double the density as well, moving from 4GB to 8GB and at one point, I feared we might actually go backwards but luckily, that wasn't the case. In our test, we gained an additional 17 minutes of battery life, double the density and the end result is a more enjoyable user experience.
The Patriot Memory for Ultrabook costs more than run of the mill DDR3 SODIMMs, but it works as advertised. If you're looking at 8GB sticks there are only two manufacturers offering high speed 1600MHz products with 1.35V and Patriot is one of them. I'm picking up three sticks, one for each of my notebooks.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [Packaging and Patriot Memory for Ultrabook]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- New details emerge on Samsung Galaxy Note 7, new Gear VR headset
- Quake is being remade in Unreal Engine 4, and it could be awesome
- Xiaomi is rumored to announce a VR headset on August 1
- Farming Simulator 2017 gameplay trailer released
- Deus Ex: Mankind Divided has gone gold, is ready for August 24 release
- Can't use Google maps
- Main GA Z97X UD5H BK cannot boot with VGA R9 280X
- Z170 Deluxe Help Setup with RAID10 + SSD for OS
- C2750D4i no POST turns off after couple of seconds
- Polaris Nitro-charged - introducing the SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX 480
- AccelStor debuting NeoSapphire 3706-ES1 at Flash Memory Summit 2016
- Elitegroup ceremoniously launches ECS H110S-2P mini-STX motherboard and the all-new LIVA Pro Mini PC
- MSI announces custom GeForce GTX 1060 graphics cards
- Seagate unveils the industry's broadest 10TB portfolio