If you follow our SSD reviews you know we recently acquired a Lenovo W530 notebook for measuring battery life across our SSDs. The new test is so good it stuck and is now a standard test for all of our SSD reviews. Now that we have the test procedures locked down we can use the same platform to test other essential components. Most of these tests are to satisfy my own curiosity. At some point I may track down a few different mobile processors in the mobile Ivy Bridge family to see how different models affect battery life, but don't expect us to test 50 memory kits in 2013 for battery life performance.
At this time, it would be difficult to make this a regular product category anyhow. Newegg only lists two 8GB 1600MHz with ultra-low 1.35V. There are a number of 1.35V 4GB memory sticks at Newegg, but only Mushkin and Patriot have 8GB sticks available.
Our Lenovo W530 has four memory slots, but when trying to maximize battery life, lower is better. One memory stick will give you better battery life than two, three or four sticks. Our Lenovo W530 shipped with a 4GB 1600MHz 1.5V memory stick.
Can the Patriot Memory for Ultrabook double our DRAM density and still increase the battery life? We'll see today.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [Packaging and Patriot Memory for Ultrabook]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- The fully-optioned Tesla Model X electric SUV costs a huge $143,750
- Toshiba announces 12.5' Satellite Radius 12 2-in-1 convertible laptop
- Halo 5 opening cinematic teases a bunch of stuff you can't do in-game
- The new Nexus 5 will feature 1080p display, 6-core CPU and USB Type-C
- MSI shows off new gaming notebooks powered by Intel Skylake
- SanDisk Connect Stick 64GB Wireless Flash Drive Review
- GA-EP45-UD3R doesn't boot with Dual Channel (After Clean PC)
- carvedilol 3.125 mg information. Purchase online.
- Im happy I now signed up
- ASUSTOR AS5004T Four-Bay Consumer NAS Review
- SEAGATE DELIVERS INDUSTRY'S BROADEST PORTFOLIO OF 8TB HARD DRIVES
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015