Before Infortrend contacted us about the EonNAS Pro 200, we'd given up on dual bay NAS products. Before today, we've never seen a dual bay unit that we would even consider a true NAS as we know them as today. Most of these products just aren't worth the box they are shipped in. We see them advertised all of the time, gigabit Ethernet, but the true speed never breaks 30MB/s, feature-rich, but only if you consider instability a feature. The list goes on and on, but those aren't the kinds of features we'll talk about today.
Infortrend choose to take the effective route and gave the EonNAS 200 a real processor. The Intel Dual-Core 1.8GHz is the same processor we see in four and five bay NAS appliances. This unit also ships with 4GB of DDR3 RAM, double what has become standard in some of the larger units as well.
Looking over the spec sheet we can't find any place where Infortrend cut any corners unless you take offence to this unit only having two HDD bays. We say that because this NAS has the internals that we hope to find in four and five bay NAS products.
Today we're taking a look at the entry level EonNAS Pro models, the 200. This is the first dual bay unit we've actually enjoyed testing in our lab and if you're looking for a lower cost NAS, this is your starting point.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Valve partners with Bitpay, with Bitcoin support now on Steam
- Intel no longer defines itself as a PC company, thinking more broadly
- Weekly Giveaway: Win a ZOTAC SONIX PCIe 480GB SSD (Global Entry!)
- Facebook, Messenger, Instagram apps debut on Windows 10
- Fallout 4 Steam patch adds Survival difficulty, improves performance
- Creative Sound Blaster Roar Pro Bluetooth Portable Speaker Review
- Thecus N5810 Consumer NAS Review
- Cold double post on Z77X-UD5H
- Lian Li PC-X510 question about resonance sound
- 1MORE Swarovski Crystal Piston Earphones Review
- ASRock and Intel teams up to create one of the smallest mini PCs: DeskMini
- Sapphire launches Radeon Pro Duo for ultimate VR & 4K experience
- Seagate now shipping 10TB helium enterprise drive in volume
- ENERMAX announces the new DFR technology with D.F.PRESSURE
- World's first 24/7 esports TV channel launched