Before Infortrend contacted us about the EonNAS Pro 200, we'd given up on dual bay NAS products. Before today, we've never seen a dual bay unit that we would even consider a true NAS as we know them as today. Most of these products just aren't worth the box they are shipped in. We see them advertised all of the time, gigabit Ethernet, but the true speed never breaks 30MB/s, feature-rich, but only if you consider instability a feature. The list goes on and on, but those aren't the kinds of features we'll talk about today.
Infortrend choose to take the effective route and gave the EonNAS 200 a real processor. The Intel Dual-Core 1.8GHz is the same processor we see in four and five bay NAS appliances. This unit also ships with 4GB of DDR3 RAM, double what has become standard in some of the larger units as well.
Looking over the spec sheet we can't find any place where Infortrend cut any corners unless you take offence to this unit only having two HDD bays. We say that because this NAS has the internals that we hope to find in four and five bay NAS products.
Today we're taking a look at the entry level EonNAS Pro models, the 200. This is the first dual bay unit we've actually enjoyed testing in our lab and if you're looking for a lower cost NAS, this is your starting point.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Genesis Alpha One is the 80s sci-fi game I always wanted
- iPhone 7 explodes, smoke coming out caught on video
- Mass Effect: Andromeda on PC is Origin exclusive
- Nintendo sues company for real life Mario Kart racing
- Horizon Zero Dawn launch trailer, first patches detailed
- Asus Zenfone 2 Laser 5.5s rear camera is not working
- ASUS ROG SWIFT PG258Q: Crazy Fast Gaming @ 1080p 240Hz
- Cannot access the BIOS on a laptop
- Extreme6 Z97 and Samsung M.2 EVO 960 setup
- BIOSTAR RACING B250GT5 Unboxing and User Experience
- ASRock launches a new era of performance with AMD Ryzen motherboards
- Nintendo eShop, Indie Games Ready for Nintendo Switch Launch
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications