You may remember not too long ago when we took a look at a Radeon 9700 Pro video board that made the distinctive claim of being totally silent. That board was from a manufacturer called Sapphire, and used an innovative heatpipe cooling assembly that is completely passive. With the power of one of the worlds most powerful video boards and the concept of total silence, the board made a huge hit with the enthusiast crowd.
Well, the folks at Sapphire figured that if this idea would work with a 9700 Pro, then why not use it on the 9800 Pro to keep up with the new technology being brought to fruition by ATI?
Today we'll take a look at the new Sapphire Radeon 9800 Pro "Ultimate Edition" and see if it can continue the legacy started just a short while ago. We'll be looking at the 128MB version of this new powerhouse VPU and making a direct comparison to the very popular 9700 Pro model. Since the 9700 is getting very scarce and this version has a comparative cost, we'll see if it is worth the effort to make the jump.
So sit back and enjoy as we take a gander at the 9800 Pro from Sapphire. If it can live up to the claims of the manufacturer, then we may just have a likely candidate for that new system we've been dreaming of!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Sapphire 9800 Pro - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Sapphire 9800 Pro - Page 2 [Specifications]
- Sapphire 9800 Pro - Page 3 [What You Get]
- Sapphire 9800 Pro - Page 4 [The Board]
- Sapphire 9800 Pro - Page 5 [Silent Cooling]
- Sapphire 9800 Pro - Page 6 [Benchmarks - Testing Information]
- Sapphire 9800 Pro - Page 7 [Benchmarks - 3DMark2001]
- Sapphire 9800 Pro - Page 8 [Benchmarks - 3DMark03]
- Sapphire 9800 Pro - Page 9 [Benchmarks - Quake III Arena]
- Sapphire 9800 Pro - Page 10 [Benchmarks - Code Creatures]
- Sapphire 9800 Pro - Page 11 [Benchmarks - Anti-Aliasing]
- Sapphire 9800 Pro - Page 12 [Overclocking and Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Qualcomm teases 48-core processor on 10nm process
- Watch Shigeru Miyamoto play Mario's theme song on guitar
- Counter-Strike: Global Offensive update enhances audio
- BitFenix reveals new enthusiast Shogun PC case
- Nintendo's Super Mario Run mobile game is online-only
- ASUS Maximus Ranger not detecting my GPU
- x99 Taichi gets WHEA 17 errors and BSOD124
- Dk-q1 / dk-q1h
- asrock 880g pro3 codes E8>54>19
- ADATA SC660 240GB Portable SSD Review
- BIOSTAR announces new motherboard features
- ADATA releases updated SC660H and SV620H 3D NAND external SSDs
- BitFenix announces the Shogun chassis with ASUS Aura support
- Bluetooth 5 specification now available, 4x Range, 2x Speed
- Zadak511 reveals SHIELD Series with RGB DDR4 RAM and RGB SSD