Version and / or Patch Used: 18.104.22.168
Developer Homepage: http://www.futuremark.com
Product Homepage: http://www.pcmark.com/benchmarks/
PCMark 7 is a great utility for testing a PC's all-around capabilities. It tests all aspects of the computer, from graphics performance to hard disk performance and attempts to put a score on it, which is not an easy task.
PCMark 7 shows that the GIGABYTE U2442F is a good all-around machine. A score of 4243 is only 700 below the highest machine tested and is well above some of the other machines tested. The SSD is partially to thank for this high score, as the machines without one tend to be at the bottom of the test results.
Mobile Mark 2012
Version and / or Patch Used: 22.214.171.124
Developer Homepage: http://www.bapco.com
Product Homepage: http://bapco.com/products/mobilemark2012/
MobileMark 2012 is a premier benchmarking tool produced by BAPCo. It has several different scenarios built-in and allows you to choose which to run. It runs the test on battery life so that it produces both a score for the performance aspect and a run time for battery life.
For our testing, we chose the Office Productivity line of testing. The "Performance Qualification Rating" and battery life (in minutes) is reported below in the charts.
A dual-core is never going to be as powerful as a quad-core, given they are the same generation, but that doesn't mean that it isn't a capable processor. The U2442F averaged a score of 116 in our Office Productivity test, which easily smashes the other Ultrabooks. While it's unable to hang with the higher-powered gaming machines, it certainly is the best Ultrabook we've tested.
All of this performance comes at a price. The battery is slightly larger than the ASUS S56C, yet the battery life is 14 minutes shorter. The discrete GPU is supposed to turn itself off when not in use, but during parts of the benchmark where it is used, it really sucks the power.
Version and / or Patch Used: 3.0 Technical Preview
Developer Homepage: http://www.crystalmark.info
Product Homepage: http://crystalmark.info/software/CrystalDiskMark/index-e.html
Download here: http://crystaldew.info/category/software/crystaldiskmark
CrystalDiskMark is a disk benchmark software that allows us to benchmark 4K and 4K queue depths with accuracy.
* Sequential reads/writes
* Random 4KB/512KB reads/writes
* Text copy
* Change dialog design
* internationalization (i18n)
Note: Crystal Disk Mark 3.0 Technical Preview was used for these tests since it offers the ability to measure native command queuing at 4 and 32.
The mSATA solid state drive that GIGABYTE included in the U2442F is quite fast. It manages a sequential read of 486MB/s, which is close to the two other fastest systems. Looking at the 4K test, it manages 20.7MB/s, which is just behind the 26.3MB/s produced by the GIGABYTE P2542G.
Write speeds follow the same trend. The U2442F manages 198.7MB/s, behind the 374.3MB/s of the P2542G. At the 4K test, the U2442F puts up 42.5MB/s, which is just behind the 53.4MB/s of the Maingear Vybe.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Digital made up 80% of Ubisoft's first quarter sales
- Console gamers to spend more on DLC than games in 2017
- GTA Online earned $1.09 billion, says analyst firm
- Microsoft earned $90 billion last fiscal year
- Xiaomi's upcoming phone to rock dual camera and MIUI 9
- How to upgrade the BIOS to GA-UD23-B3?
- Baby Driver Movie Review
- Asus laptop BIOS does not recognize UBCD-post page is grayed out - can't post
- Bloody AL90 Blazing Laser Gaming Mouse Review
- Cryptocurrency mining deflates, used GPUs hit eBay
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4