Specifications, Configurations and Pricing
The system we have in the lab today features a dual-core Intel Core i7-3517U processor. The i7-3517U is one of Intel's low power processors specifically designed for Ultrabooks and other low-power applications. It features HyperThreading and TurboBoost and is based upon the Ivy Bridge microarchitecture.
The CPU is coupled with two sticks of 4GB DDR3 SO-DIMM RAM and an NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M, which features 2GB of vRAM. Seeing a discrete video card included in an Ultrabook is somewhat rare, especially one with as much horsepower as the 650M.
The video card is pumping out pixels to the LCD screen that is running at a 1600x900 resolution. Storage is handled by a 128GB mSATA SSD, which aids in speedy booting and system operation.
The U2442F comes with everything else you would expect to see in an Ultrabook: 802.11b/g/n WiFi, Bluetooth 4.0, Windows 8, and a backlit keyboard. The system also features a two year global warranty.
The packaging used to ship the notebook from Taiwan was a bit interesting. The system was wrapped in bubble wrap, though I don't expect consumer systems to arrive this way.
Inside the bubble wrap, the box below was inside of a paper sleeve detailing the system. Inside of the box, the system was covered in a traditional white bag to protect from scratches.
It seems as though the packaging was a bit weak, but I have a feeling retail systems will be shipped inside of another box to protect them. If this is the case, then the machine will survive. If GIGABYTE is shipping machines in just the sleeve, I'd be a bit concerned.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Mass Effect: Andromeda 10-hour demo coming to EA Access
- Samsung's Note line isn't dead: Note 8 is coming
- Tekken 7 launches June 2, 2017, has season pass
- Samsung confirms they won't unveil the S8 at MWC 2017
- White Xiaomi Mi MIX will be available very soon
- Z170X Gamming 5 - Sata Expansion alternatives
- Gigabyte (Business) Partner Questions
- Upgrading to Z270
- headphones not registering on ASUS k501uq
- Black screen GA Z170X ULTRA GAMING BIOS F21 I7 6400 T HELP
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni