I find the Final Thoughts on lower-end devices much harder to write, as you have to be so critical on the device. The Optimus L7 can be found for under $200, and for that price it's a great phone - if you're not looking at any others.
Right now, the Nexus 4 is $349 in Australia for the 8GB version - so for under double the price you can go from a single-core 1GHz smartphone to a quad-core 1.5GHz behemoth. The screen res almost doubles, the camera bumps up to 8-megapixel, and just about everything else is better to the power of infinity.
I really think because of the Nexus 4, phones priced at $200-or-so are going to be hard sellers. Are you buying this outright? If so, grab the Nexus 4. Are you buying this phone on a plan? Well, it's only going to be $10 a month over two years, so why not jump up and grab the Nexus 4?
I have a hard time recommending this phone because of that - but there are people who will still not want to spend that extra money and that's fine. If that's sounding like you - the Optimus L7 is not a bad phone by any means, it's just that the tides have shifted and there are new powers around charging much less for the best smartphone out right now, in my opinion of course.
The Optimus L7 isn't a bad phone it has just been faced with some strong and cheap competition.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 2 [Look and Feel]
- Page 3 [Features]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Quantum Break is exclusive to the Windows Store, won't reach Steam
- The PC Gaming Show is coming back, will take place during E3 2016
- Intel's unreleased 18-core Xeon CPU hits eBay for $999
- In case you missed it. ARK: Survival Evolved updated on Xbox One
- Twitch users spent 241 billion minutes watching games in 2015
- GIGABYTE Z170MX Gaming5 / CPU non-k bios support?
- ASRock Z77 Extreme4-M cannot boot
- Just want to say Hi.
- OCZ TRION 150 480GB SATA III SSD Review
- Any advice on redeeming Asus Promotions?
- Phanteks Announces the Eclipse P400 and P400S Chassis
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to Intel Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Horus GK2000 Gaming Keyboard
- Logitech Announces the G810 Orion Spectrum Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
- ADATA Reveals HD650X and HD710M USB 3.0 External Hard Drives