I find the Final Thoughts on lower-end devices much harder to write, as you have to be so critical on the device. The Optimus L7 can be found for under $200, and for that price it's a great phone - if you're not looking at any others.
Right now, the Nexus 4 is $349 in Australia for the 8GB version - so for under double the price you can go from a single-core 1GHz smartphone to a quad-core 1.5GHz behemoth. The screen res almost doubles, the camera bumps up to 8-megapixel, and just about everything else is better to the power of infinity.
I really think because of the Nexus 4, phones priced at $200-or-so are going to be hard sellers. Are you buying this outright? If so, grab the Nexus 4. Are you buying this phone on a plan? Well, it's only going to be $10 a month over two years, so why not jump up and grab the Nexus 4?
I have a hard time recommending this phone because of that - but there are people who will still not want to spend that extra money and that's fine. If that's sounding like you - the Optimus L7 is not a bad phone by any means, it's just that the tides have shifted and there are new powers around charging much less for the best smartphone out right now, in my opinion of course.
The Optimus L7 isn't a bad phone it has just been faced with some strong and cheap competition.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 2 [Look and Feel]
- Page 3 [Features]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Apple's new MacBook Pro has crappy battery life
- Ben Affleck's solo Batman movie will arrive in 2018
- Battlefield 1's new update includes SLI fixes, and more
- Nintendo Switch accessories begin to get detailed
- 'Transformers 5' gets first trailer, explosions ensue
- Strontium iDrive Nitro Lightning 64GB Card Reader Review
- Gigabyte G1 Sniper Z170 Fan control & PWM issue
- Gigabyte gaming 5 z170mx cant enable raid need help
- ASUS UX305UA - time till boot starts varies a lot
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- Micron accelerates adoption of all-flash data centers with highest-capacity enterprise SATA Solid State Drive
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand