I'm really impressed with the iBUYPOWER Chimera. As the first of our desktop reviews, it's a bit hard to offer up comparisons of how it stacks up to the competition, but I do have my own desktop to compare it against.
Pitted against my desktop, the Chimera 4SE would crush it. Taking a look at the individual components is important, but it's more important in a review like this to take a look at the system as a whole. Benchmarks for individual components are everywhere on the web, including many on TweakTown.
What really matters is how the system comes together and what iBUYPOWER is offering as a systems integrator. What you get with this system is quality. The cables are tucked away and hidden for a beautiful look and better airflow.
You get access to iBUYPOWER's support in case something goes wrong. You don't have to spend your time putting the system together, installing the operating system, drivers, and other software, and most importantly, you don't have to do the cable management.
The price premium for this system is only a few hundred dollars more than buying all of the individual components by themselves. For that extra cash, you get everything discussed above, plus the bonus of the custom case. There is no other way to get a cool case, such as the one the Chimera 4SE is housed in, other than to do it yourself. I'm not sure about you, but I know I don't have the skills with an airbrush to do what iBUYPOWER has done with this case.
You'll have the coolest system at the LAN party if you pick up the iBUYPOWER Chimera 4SE. Really, that's the bottom line. This system is cool, calm, and collected. It smashes the benchmarks and really knocks the ball out of the park in terms of looks.
I can highly recommend the iBUYPOWER Chimera 4SE if you're in the market of a pre-built custom desktop computer for gaming and great performance.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Configurations, Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging, Bundle, and System Pictures]
- Page 4 [Testing Methodology]
- Page 5 [CPU Tests]
- Page 6 [HDD Tests]
- Page 7 [System Tests]
- Page 8 [Accessory Port Tests]
- Page 9 [Gaming Tests]
- Page 10 [Temperatures, Noise, and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Microsoft's new tool fixes Start Menu issues in Windows 10
- Overwatch dethrones League of Legends in Korean PC bang rankings
- System Shock Remastered renamed System Shock, is now a reboot
- Woman wins $10,000 in forced Windows 10 upgrade case
- Design your own AI with this online training
- New Gaming Build - Looking fro feedback
- Fractal Design CORE 500 Mini-ITX Small Form Factor Chassis Review
- H110M-ITX loses USB and PS1 when WIN 7 loads
- Why does my Monitor show static and lines occasionally when using 144hz?
- Considering a DK-04 when they come in stock, just have a few questions beforehand.
- ADATA launches the Premier SP550 M.2 2280 SATA 6Gb/s SSD
- Mangstor's NX-Series storage arrays accelerate HPC throughput with new burst buffer capabilities
- Swiftech unveils new Komodo Waterblocks for NVIDIA GeForce GTX1080 and GTX1070 flagship video cards
- ADATA releases the HD700 and HV620S external hard drives
- BIOSTAR teams up with Apacer and Thermaltake to showcase high-end gaming machines