Features of the Tyan Tachyon G9600 Pro Continued
Memory, Type and Location
The Tyan Tachyon 9600 Pro is equipped with 128MB of DDR SDRAM memory running at 600MHz standard.
Tyan uses eight Hynix 3.6ns TinyBGA memory modules. These modules, while somewhat slow compared to many other cards running the same speed, have proven to hit upwards of 700MHz DDR. Four Modules are located on the VPU side, being cooled by the heatsink and fan that provides cooling for the VPU itself. The remaining four modules are located on the back of the card make up the extra 64MB needed to reach 128MB. These modules are cooled by a passive heatsink unit to allow for effective memory cooling for both standard use and overclocking purposes.
AGP 4x, 8x Only
This is the first I have seen for a video card. Tyan has somewhat limited its field of end users with this card. The AGP connector slot is no longer universal (for use on AGP 2x boards) but fully 4x or 8x only. While the VPU supports 2x AGP operations, the connector prevents you installing this card into any AGP 2x boards. So if you have an old BX chipset board, this card won't fit into the slot.
While the ATI Radeon 9500 wasn't known for it's overclocking, and some 9600's for that matter as well, Tyan has put together a great overclocker.
First off is the core where we used Rivatuner to overclock our card to a core speed of 501MHz and a memory speed of 685MHz. When pushing any faster we started to receive graphic artifacts, in all a great overclock for such a modest, budget orientated card.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Tyan 9600 Pro - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Tyan 9600 Pro - Page 2 [Specifications]
- Tyan 9600 Pro - Page 3 [Features]
- Tyan 9600 Pro - Page 4 [Features Continued]
- Tyan 9600 Pro - Page 5 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and 3DMark2001SE]
- Tyan 9600 Pro - Page 6 [Benchmarks - 3DMark03]
- Tyan 9600 Pro - Page 7 [Benchmarks - Code Creatures]
- Tyan 9600 Pro - Page 8 [Benchmarks - Comanche 4]
- Tyan 9600 Pro - Page 9 [Benchmarks - Quake III Arena]
- Tyan 9600 Pro - Page 10 [Benchmarks - Jedi Knight II]
- Tyan 9600 Pro - Page 11 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 2003]
- Tyan 9600 Pro - Page 12 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.