Over the past 6-8 months, a small but very mature video card chipset manufacturer has made its way from second rate video chipset producer to having the most powerful video chipset on the market. If you haven't guessed it yet we are talking about ATI. Their move up the 3D ladder has been a rather slow one. ATI's Rage line was meant to be a high-end 3D system, but was moved to mid end due to its inabilities to take on the nVidia counterparts. The Radeon line was ATI's answer to a long awaited question.
Starting with the 7000 series, ATI started to show it could do what was needed, but were still unable to take out the top of the 3D line due to nVidia's GeForce boards. 7500, 8000, 8500 were also amongst ATI's next and impressive chips, but none more so than the 9xxx series.
Released as the 9700 Pro video card, this proved to be able to remove nVidia from the top of the 3D ladder and it continued to do so through nVidia's attempts to add AGP 8x to their GeForce 4 chipset. ATI needing something of a budget series card needed to take out a new lease on the 9xxx core. Cutting the memory bus from 256-bit to 128-bit was ATI's design for the mid range. Dubbing it the 9500 series, this card has gained some pull in the 3D ranks.
Tyan has been known for quite some time as merely a server and workstation motherboard producer. With the swing towards overclockers, Tyan wanted to move into this section; and with the 3D sector taking off, Tyan also wanted a slice of that. With ATI being the way to go, Tyan has started to produce its own line of ATI based cards. We have already looked at Tyan's first mid-range card, the G9500 Pro video card and today we take a look at the next step in the field with the G9600 Pro video card.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Tyan 9600 Pro - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Tyan 9600 Pro - Page 2 [Specifications]
- Tyan 9600 Pro - Page 3 [Features]
- Tyan 9600 Pro - Page 4 [Features Continued]
- Tyan 9600 Pro - Page 5 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and 3DMark2001SE]
- Tyan 9600 Pro - Page 6 [Benchmarks - 3DMark03]
- Tyan 9600 Pro - Page 7 [Benchmarks - Code Creatures]
- Tyan 9600 Pro - Page 8 [Benchmarks - Comanche 4]
- Tyan 9600 Pro - Page 9 [Benchmarks - Quake III Arena]
- Tyan 9600 Pro - Page 10 [Benchmarks - Jedi Knight II]
- Tyan 9600 Pro - Page 11 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 2003]
- Tyan 9600 Pro - Page 12 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Joss Whedon's 'Batgirl' set to enter DC film universe
- Samsung's foldable smartphone to launch before the Note8
- Destiny 2 screenshots revealed
- Samsung is aware of weird fingerprint sensor location
- Destiny 2 to feature 'great story and characters'
- iStorage datAshur Pro 8GB Encrypted Flash Drive Review
- GA-EP45-UD3R having wierd issues with 8 GB RAM
- ROCCAT SUORA FX Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Xtreme Edition 8G Review
- Cannot get rid of Asus Secure Delete
- CD PROJEKT summarizes its 2016 financial results
- Destiny 2 announced: blockbuster sequel to the biggest new console video game franchise launch of all time set for September 8
- MSI announces frosty limited edition Trident 3 Arctic gaming PC
- ADATA adds the i-Memory AI920 jet black flash drive
- FinalWire releases AIDA64 Extreme 5.90 benchmark software