Over the past 6-8 months, a small but very mature video card chipset manufacturer has made its way from second rate video chipset producer to having the most powerful video chipset on the market. If you haven't guessed it yet we are talking about ATI. Their move up the 3D ladder has been a rather slow one. ATI's Rage line was meant to be a high-end 3D system, but was moved to mid end due to its inabilities to take on the nVidia counterparts. The Radeon line was ATI's answer to a long awaited question.
Starting with the 7000 series, ATI started to show it could do what was needed, but were still unable to take out the top of the 3D line due to nVidia's GeForce boards. 7500, 8000, 8500 were also amongst ATI's next and impressive chips, but none more so than the 9xxx series.
Released as the 9700 Pro video card, this proved to be able to remove nVidia from the top of the 3D ladder and it continued to do so through nVidia's attempts to add AGP 8x to their GeForce 4 chipset. ATI needing something of a budget series card needed to take out a new lease on the 9xxx core. Cutting the memory bus from 256-bit to 128-bit was ATI's design for the mid range. Dubbing it the 9500 series, this card has gained some pull in the 3D ranks.
Tyan has been known for quite some time as merely a server and workstation motherboard producer. With the swing towards overclockers, Tyan wanted to move into this section; and with the 3D sector taking off, Tyan also wanted a slice of that. With ATI being the way to go, Tyan has started to produce its own line of ATI based cards. We have already looked at Tyan's first mid-range card, the G9500 Pro video card and today we take a look at the next step in the field with the G9600 Pro video card.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Tyan 9600 Pro - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Tyan 9600 Pro - Page 2 [Specifications]
- Tyan 9600 Pro - Page 3 [Features]
- Tyan 9600 Pro - Page 4 [Features Continued]
- Tyan 9600 Pro - Page 5 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and 3DMark2001SE]
- Tyan 9600 Pro - Page 6 [Benchmarks - 3DMark03]
- Tyan 9600 Pro - Page 7 [Benchmarks - Code Creatures]
- Tyan 9600 Pro - Page 8 [Benchmarks - Comanche 4]
- Tyan 9600 Pro - Page 9 [Benchmarks - Quake III Arena]
- Tyan 9600 Pro - Page 10 [Benchmarks - Jedi Knight II]
- Tyan 9600 Pro - Page 11 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 2003]
- Tyan 9600 Pro - Page 12 [Conclusion]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Far Cry 5 co-op supports full campaign
- Far Cry 5: Everything you need to know
- EVGA teases its GTX 1080 Ti Kingpin, unveil at Computex
- SAPPHIRE announces RX 580 Nitro+ Special Edition
- Oppo R11 launch date and first images of the phone leak
- m4a88td-m/usb3 & Windows 10
- OWC ThunderBay 4 Mini Thunderbolt 2 Review
- Free Paypal Money Adder Online Tool Legit 2017
- Prey benchmarked: Radeon RX 580 vs. GeForce GTX 1060
- ADATA AI910 Lightning Card Reader Plus Review
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017