Specifications, Pricing and Availability
Vector is OCZ's flagship consumer SSD. OCZ released this drive in three capacity sizes - 128GB, 256GB and the model we're looking at today, 512GB. We've already reviewed the two lower capacity drives and found they both delivered best of capacity size performance when compared to every other SSD we've tested. The 512GB shares the same on paper specifications with the 256GB. The 128GB model loses 130MB/s sequential write speed and around 10K read IOPS. Even with the reduced performance, we found the 128GB to be smoking fast.
In the two largest capacity sizes Vector is a beast of a drive delivering 550MB/s sequential read performance and 530MB/s sequential write. OCZ is still focusing on high IOPS performance and Vector delivers 100K read and 95K write IOPS.
We haven't observed a lot of price variation since Vector released a couple of months ago. The 128GB still holds a price of $159.99 at Newegg. The 256GB model moved from $289.99 to $269.99, a 7% decrease. The model we're looking at today, Vector 512GB is still $569.99 at Newegg. Certainly the 512GB model would look a lot more attractive at $1 per GB, but with Vector being the one of the fastest drives on the market today, there isn't a compelling reason for OCZ to reel in the price. We already have a few drives in hand that launch at CES 2013 and nothing from that stack is ready to take on Vector for the performance crown.
OCZ ships Vector with a five year warranty, desktop adapter bracket, screws and Acronis True Image data migration software.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [OCZ Vector 512GB SSD]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Sequential Performance]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - AIDA64 Random Access Time]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Anvil Storage Utilities]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - CrystalDiskMark]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage Hard Disk Tests]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage - Drives with Data Testing]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - BootRacer]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - DiskBench]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Power Testing]
- Page 15 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- iPhone 6S to feature upgraded 4K-capable rear-facing camera, and more
- Star Citizen's social module launches alongside v1.2 patch
- Razer launches new Nabu smartband wearable during PAX Prime
- Xbox One Mini isn't real, says Phil Spencer
- Marvel Studios founder to bring Borderlands to the big screen
- Adam Elements iKlips iOS Lightning / USB 3.0 Flash Drive Review
- MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Lightning Video Card Review
- Buffalo WXR-1900DHP DD-WRT NXT AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- ASRock Extreme4 x99 boot failure with more than 2 G.SKILL F4-3000C15D-16GRBB
- [Share]Lorkag GOP updater tool for AMD and NVIDIA VBIOS
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20