A few months ago we got a chance to look at the new IceQ X2 based HD 7970 which impressed us with its updated cooler. Today we're looking at the IceQ X2 based HD 7950 from HIS to see how the cooler performs on the slightly lower end model.
At the moment the IceQ series has three main series with in it. The first is the IceQ version we've known to love with that large cooler that has the fan sitting at the back of the card helping push hot air straight out the back of the case. The other is the IceQ X cooler which we've seen on more mid-range cards. Finally we've got the IceQ X2 cooler which is what we're seeing on higher end offerings from HIS.
Instead of just checking the out of the box performance we'll be overclocking this video card today to see how it does and help expand our collection of video cards tested on our new benchmark line up.
As always, though, we've got to do a few things before we get into the performance side of things and the first is to check out what kind of bundle HIS is offering. Once we've done that we'll take a closer look at the video card itself before moving into the specification side of things where we'll check out both the out of the box clocks and the overclock we managed to get today. We'll then quickly move onto our testbed and cover the video cards that you'll see in our graphs today before we finally get into the performance side of things to see what the HIS HD 7950 IceQ X2 is capable of doing.
Looking at the front of the box you can see it's very similar to the HD 7850 IceQ we looked at the other day. The main difference is that instead of being an IceQ version you can see it's labeled as an IceQ X2. Looking at the back of the box you can see that some of the main features are highlighted and a brief description is shown to describe the benefits.
Inside the bundle it is identical to the HD 7850 we looked at the other day with two CDs - one including the driver and the other the iTurbo software. We've also got a manual, case sticker, DVI to VGA connector and a CrossFire bridge.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Phantasy Star Online 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Just Cause 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - F1 2012]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Metro 2033]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Dirt Showdown]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Nexuiz]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Sniper Elite V2]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Sleeping Dogs]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 16 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 17 [Temperature Test]
- Page 18 [Sound Test]
- Page 19 [Power Consumption Test]
- Page 20 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Lucasfilm denies CG Princess Leia plan for 'Star Wars 9'
- Take home 'Pete's Dragon' in our latest Blu-ray giveaway
- Putting Nintendo Switch launch games into perspective
- 'Stranger Things' director talks bigger, darker season 2
- Samsung's new Galaxy S8 looks amazing in leaked videos
- Intel 82579v - Code 10 - media disconnected
- 80mm or 92mm Fan for D8000-3
- p67a-ud3-b3 with u1d UEFI bios: pcie 4x works as 1x
- Can't Find PC-O10 Riser Kit
- Help overclocking x5460 / GA-EP43-UD3L past 3.99ghz
- Immersion and Nintendo enter into agreement to bring Immersion's TouchSense Technology to the Nintendo Switch System
- LucidSound invites Nintendo Switch gamers to a new standard of powered audio with the LS20 Amplified Universal Gaming Headset
- Opera Neon envisions the future of web browsers
- Nintendo Switch launches March 3 at $299.99
- ESL One returns to Southeast Asia to kick-off world class Dota 2 action in 2017