We can straight away see the massive IceQ cooler that we're used to seeing when it comes to HIS IceQ designed models. We can see a couple of heatpipes coming out the top while that fan on the right side helps push cool air straight across the GPU and out the back of the case. This has always been a fantastic design for HIS and while it's not the prettiest of designs in my opinion, it's always been extremely effective.
Taking a look around you can see we've got two 6-pin PCIe power connectors at the back. Staying across the top, but moving towards the front, you can see we've got a single CrossFire connector. While we won't be making use of that connector today, HIS sent us a second, and it will be used at a later date.
Finishing off with the I/O side of things we've got a Dual-Link DVI connector along with a full size HDMI port and two mini DisplayPort connectors. Across the top you can see the air vents which help make sure hot air exhausts straight out of the case.
Being a Turbo based card means that out of the box the HIS HD 7850 IceQ is of course overclocked. A stock HD 7850 carries with it a core clock of 860MHz while the 2GB of GDDR5 comes in at 4800MHz QDR.
Looking above you can see that the core has been bumped to an impressive 1000MHz, which is quite an overclock. Like most companies, though, we can see that they've chosen to leave the memory at the stock 4800MHz QDR.
The core clock increase is what brings the biggest performance gains so it's not unusual for companies to concentrate on that over the memory.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Phantasy Star Online 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Just Cause 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - F1 2012]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Metro 2033]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Dirt Showdown]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Nexuiz]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Sniper Elite V2]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Sleeping Dogs]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 16 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 17 [Temperature Test]
- Page 18 [Sound Test]
- Page 19 [Power Consumption Test]
- Page 20 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Gmail Android notifications bug fix rolling out this week
- AMD's next-gen Opteron to have 32 cores, 8-channel DDR4 support
- This ASUS-powered custom PC based around Far Cry Primal looks insane!
- LG G5 will feature always-on display
- Fight hordes of demons in the Neverwinter: Underdark expansion
- Intel Compute Stick "2" STK1AW32SC 2GB Windows 10 Review
- Cougar 450M Ambidextrous Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- ASRock Fatal1ty Gaming Z170 Gaming K4 - Only Posts with one memory stick
- TP-LINK Archer C2600 MU-MIMO Wireless Dual-Band Router Review
- [SSD compatibility question] GA-X58A-UD3R with Samsung EVO Pro SSD
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to Intel Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance