Just as it felt like we wouldn't really see any new video cards for the remainder of the year, we got a nice box from HIS with a couple of new variations from the company with the first one being the Radeon HD 7850 IceQ 2GB.
We've always been a fan of the AMD models after the HD 7800 series since they've brought some excellent performance at a strong price point. The HD 7700 series on the other hand got off to a bit of a rocky start due to the high price tag it launched with. We always felt that the HD 7700 series was going to struggle to really gain momentum as it wasn't just us who felt this way. With just about every review saying it was a good product, but just priced too high. It was a stigma that stuck with the model and has never been shaken.
The HD 7800 series alongside the higher end HD 7900 series hasn't been plagued with such issues. Instead the HD 7850 came in only a little more expensive than the HD 7770, but did an excellent job of separating itself enough to make it look a lot more desirable.
As always there's a few things we've got to do before we get into the performance side of things today and the first is see what's going on with the bundle. Once we've done that we'll move onto the video card itself where we'll check out the IceQ cooler before looking at the specification side of things. Once we've done that we'll move straight into the performance side of things and see just what the HIS HD 7870 IceQ 2GB is able to do.
We've got clear labeling of the model here and you can see some of the main features on the front of the box. Turning over the box you can see more of the features that are on offer with a description with what they bring to the table.
Getting into the package you can see it's a fairly typical HIS bundle with a driver CD and a second CD which includes the iTurbo software. Alongside that we've got a manual, HIS case sticker, DVI to VGA connector and a CrossFire connector.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Phantasy Star Online 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Just Cause 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - F1 2012]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Metro 2033]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Dirt Showdown]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Nexuiz]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Sniper Elite V2]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Sleeping Dogs]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 16 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 17 [Temperature Test]
- Page 18 [Sound Test]
- Page 19 [Power Consumption Test]
- Page 20 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Apple rumored to partner with Dr. Dre for TV drama
- Google will soon retire Picasa photo service
- Apple rumored to release iPhone 5se, iPad Air 3 on March 18
- AMD's new recruit teases the Radeon R9 Fury X2 dual-GPU card
- NVIDIA is testing four different Pascal GPUs right now
- Extreme Problem (not alone)
- Cougar 450K Hybrid Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- more a what's your opinion on motherboard replacement re: asus 1225b
- Debug 62
- Asrock z97e-itx/ac Bifurcation Support
- Phanteks Announces the Eclipse P400 and P400S Chassis
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to Intel Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Horus GK2000 Gaming Keyboard
- Logitech Announces the G810 Orion Spectrum Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
- ADATA Reveals HD650X and HD710M USB 3.0 External Hard Drives