This test emulates Database and On-Line Transaction Processing (OLTP) workloads. OLTP is in essence the processing of transactions such as credit cards used heavily in the financial sector. Enterprise SSDs are uniquely well suited for the financial sector with low latency and high random workload performance. Databases are the bread and butter of many enterprise deployments. These are demanding workloads with 8K random of 66% read and 33% write distribution that can bring even the highest performing solutions down to earth.
At QD256 Optimus averages 36,837 IOPS, with fast IOPS reaching into the 42,000 range and the low end down to 25,000 IOPS.
There was a wide range of latency results at QD256, with 46% (5,213,758 I/O's) falling into the 4-6ms range. 18% (2,039,965 I/O's) fell into the 6-8ms range.
The Webserver profile is a read-only test with a wide range of file sizes. Web servers are responsible for generating content for users to view over the internet, much like the very page you are reading. The speed of the underlying storage system has a massive impact on the speed and responsiveness of the server that is hosting the websites and thus the end user experience.
This read only test really highlights the agility of the SMART Optimus, averaging 28,468 IOPS in this demanding test. The highest recorded speed was 34,409 IOPS and the lowest was 25,500 IOPS at Q256.
66% (2,930,679 I/O's) fell into the 10-20ms range. 27% (1,214,919 I/O's) fell into the 20-40ms range.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Capcom wants to resurrect old IPs
- Is Capcom unsure about Nintendo Switch?
- Xiaomi Mi Max 2 unveiled: Big screen, 5,300 mAh battery
- AMD trademarks Kyzen, Aragon, Promethean & CoreAmp
- Oukitel announces K10000 Pro with 10,000 mAh battery
- Prey benchmarked: Radeon RX 580 vs. GeForce GTX 1060
- ADATA AI910 Lightning Card Reader Plus Review
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds Benchmarked: CPU & GPU War
- NIC not working after BIOS corruption (ASUS X202E)
- Logitech Harmony Elite Advanced Remote Control Review
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017