Cable selection and connector availability for the Commander III 800W power supply is about average and what you would expect out of such a unit. Aside from the Main connector, there is a single ATX 4+4 connector for the motherboard. Those needing two will have to look elsewhere. Round out the list of natively wired cables is a single cable with two PCI-E connectors. Modular connectors come in the form of two more PCI-E connectors, nine SATA connectors, three Molex connectors and a single FDD connector.
The InWin Commander III 800W power supply features four 12V rails. 12V1 is dedicated to the 24-pin Main, 12V2 for the ATX 4+4, and 12V3 is for the natively wired PCI-E cable. 12V4 is reserved for all the native cabling including the PCI-E connector. This setup does a decent job of naturally balancing out the loads.
Unfortunately, none of this was documented with the power supply and we had to contact InWin to get the layout of the power supply. After speaking with them on the subject, they have said that they will be adding this with the included user manual sometime in the future.
A Look Inside
Looking at the unit with the case removed, we can see that the power supply features a clean design and the PCB isn't very densely populated. At the very least, the simplistic design aids in allowing fresh air to circulate around all of the components.
A pair of Rubycon capacitors sit on the primary side of the Commander III 800W power supply.
Teapo capacitors are soldered in on the secondary side, just as I suspected earlier when noting the bullet point on the back of the box.
InWin utilizes the ADDA ADN512LB-ASO fan to actively cool the Commander III 800W power supply.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Impressive! 1 billion people used Facebook in just one day
- Valve is bundling Rocket League with the Steam Controller
- Acer is welcoming a takeover of the company after share prices tumble
- HTC will have a 'limited number' of Vive VR headsets this year
- Microsoft announces that Forza Motorsport 6 has gone gold
- Buffalo WXR-1900DHP DD-WRT NXT AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- ASRock Extreme4 x99 boot failure with more than 2 G.SKILL F4-3000C15D-16GRBB
- [Share]Lorkag GOP updater tool for AMD and NVIDIA VBIOS
- AMD Radeon R9 Nano Preview - Fiji and HBM Go Under the Shrink Ray
- Win7 wont install on AM1A-M system
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20