Seasonic provided a very solid selection of cables and connectors for the fully modular Platinum 1000W power supply.
There are of course the obligatory 24-pin Main and ATX 4+4 connectors. PCI-E connections are handled via three cables, each with two connectors. The selection of peripheral cables is superb, offering both short and long variations of SATA and Molex connectors in case having just one length per type of cable would cause excess cabling inside the case. Also included is a Molex to FDD adapter in case you should need an FDD connector.
Seasonic provides all of the 12V power for the Platinum 1000W power supply via a single 12V rail.
A Look Inside
Opening things up, we find quite a bit of passive cooling going on, which contributes to the ability to run fanless up to half load.
A trio of Nippon Chemi-Con capacitors reside on the primary side of the Seasonic Platinum 1000W power supply.
More Nippon Chemi-Con capacitors are found on the secondary side as well.
As advertised, Seasonic is using the 120mm San Ace fan from Sanyo Denki to provide the active cooling for the Platinum 1000W unit.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- If you own an HTC Vive, you have to play Pool Nation VR
- Nintendo NX might use both cartridges and discs
- This emotional AMD commercial invites you to join the Radeon Rebellion
- Oculus walks back restrictive DRM, pledges to not use hardware checks
- No Man's Sky is 'even bigger than you can imagine,' says dev
- Skylake Overclocking i7 6700k help please
- X170 EXTREME ECC Build
- GA-Z77-UD5H and W10 Sata Port Recognition?
- re image
- Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum RGB Tunable Gaming Mouse Review
- ADATA launches the Premier SP550 M.2 2280 SATA 6Gb/s SSD
- Mangstor's NX-Series storage arrays accelerate HPC throughput with new burst buffer capabilities
- Swiftech unveils new Komodo Waterblocks for NVIDIA GeForce GTX1080 and GTX1070 flagship video cards
- ADATA releases the HD700 and HV620S external hard drives
- BIOSTAR teams up with Apacer and Thermaltake to showcase high-end gaming machines