For those that aren't familiar with Seasonic (shame on you), they have been around longer than almost anyone in the power supply industry. Over the last 35 years, they have become synonymous for their high quality and efficient power supplies. Seasonic not only produces power supplies under their own name, but also acts as an OEM for a very large number of different manufacturers. Chances are that if you've had five or more power supplies throughout the years, one of them was built by Seasonic.
Today we are taking a look at a new offering from Seasonic. The power supply in question is the Platinum 1000W unit, claiming to offer up 1000W of power with 80 PLUS efficiency and silent operation up to 40% load to name a few of the highlights for this power supply. We've always had great results when testing Seasonic power supplies on our bench and always without issue so we're expecting great results with the Platinum 1000W as well.
That's enough talking for now so let's start looking at the features and specifications for the Platinum 1000W power supply.
Specifications, Availability and Pricing
As you can see from the I/O specifications for the Platinum 1000W unit, it features a massive single 12V rail design. The 12V rail is rated for 83A of power or 996W. Both the 3.3V and 5V rails are rated for 20A each and share a combined maximum load of 125W. The power supply also has a 5VSB rail that is rated for 3A or 15W. Total maximum combined output for the Seasonic Platinum 1000W power supply is 1000W.
Seasonic is never one to skimp on features or quality and this list proves that to be true. Everything we check for is present including SCP, OVP, OCP, OPP and OTP. The power supply is fully modular and all cables are fully sleeved. Seasonic promises the Platinum 1000W power supply to be efficient enough to obtain 80 PLUS Platinum levels of efficiency and for it to run at 100% continuous out at 50C temperatures.
The Seasonic Platinum 1000W power supply has an MSRP of $259.99, making it one of the highest priced 1000W Platinum rated power supplies on the market. The unit is currently on sale at Newegg for $219.99 after $30 off and a $10 mail-in-rebate. That price makes the power supply much more attractive to the wallet and more closely priced against many units with lower efficiency. Seasonic covers the Platinum 1000W unit with an impressive seven year warranty.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- The9 pays $500 million for five-year Chinese exclusive on Cross Fire 2
- The first screenshots from the System Shock remake arrive
- AMD's new Zen APUs to deliver Xbox One/PS4 level performance in 2017
- The first gameplay footage from Far Cry Primal has arrived
- Batman: Arkham Knight PC update reduces framerate hitching
- North Bridge Frequency Locked at 4300 on Fatal1ty X99M Killer/3.1 Board
- New SSD Connections and GA-Z87X-UD5H?
- ID-Cooling Frostflow 120L CPU Liquid Cooler Review
- SanDisk Extreme 500 240GB USB 3.0 Portable SSD Review
- ID-Cooling IS-VC45 SFF CPU Cooler Review
- CYBERTRONPC OFFERS TESSERACT 15 SK NOTEBOOK, NOW WITH 6th GEN INTEL PROCESSOR AND WINDOWS 10
- HERE and the Netherlands evaluating 4G/LTE-based C-ITS road messaging system
- Sony PLAYSTATION 4 (PS4) SALES SURPASS 30.2 MILLION UNITS WORLDWIDE
- Samsung Starts Mass Producing Industry's First 128-GIGABYTE DDR4 Modules for Enterprise Servers
- LG RAY DELIVERS LARGE HD DISPLAY AND BEST-IN-CLASS CAMERAS FOR 3G MARKETS