The DIGISTOR shipping box is also the product package so this one isn't ready for the shelves at brick and mortar stores.
Everything is packed up well with the main component, the Blu-Ray burner in the middle of the box way from the other components.
Our package had a few extra Blu-Ray disks - when ordering it's a good idea to purchase a few extras. We also have the archive software, a paper quick start guide and a technical support paper with phone numbers and email addresses to get support.
The main component to the package is the software, found on a disk. Since you need a disk reader to access the software we'll start out with the hardware.
The bundled Blu-Ray burner is smaller than I expected it to be.
The unit is USB powered as well as battery powered.
The On/Off switch activates the battery, but without the switch in the ON position your computer will not see the drive.
Rubber feet on the bottom keep the drive from vibrating the desk and they also acts as a buffer for vibration from the desk going back to the disk while burning.
The battery aspect caught me by surprise when I read the label for the first time. DIGISTOR claims a 3 to 4 hour continual use power.
The package shipped with two sets of cables, one with dual USB ports to plug into the host computer. The dual USB plug cable also feeds power to the external drive. The other cable is just a standard USB to USB mini cable.
This is the first time I've really paid any attention to a Blu-Ray writer. I never occurred to me they would need two different optical pick systems. Since DVDs and CDs use red and Blu-Rays use blue (for the shorter wavelength), it makes sense.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Ubisoft's latest 'The Breach' trailer for Rainbow Six: Siege
- Quentin Tarantino explains his love for 70mm, says it trumps digital
- Man gets shot, instead of calling the cops, he grabs an Uber home
- New Fallout 4 mod dramatically overhauls in-game landscapes
- Apple rumored to remove the 3.5mm headphone jack from the next iPhone
- wifi card for gigabyte x99m gaming 5 microatx
- Newly built PC won't boot
- Spectre (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- New ASUS Notebook: Event Log flooding with Event ID 17 warnings from WHEA-Logger
- Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- BRAVEN Balance, the Active Lifestyle Bluetooth Speaker Now Available
- COGITO FIT WINS DESIGN FOR ASIA AWARD
- SP/ Silicon Power Announces Flagship CompactFlash Memory Card - Superior CF 1100X Born For Ultimate Performance
- Team Group Announces Neptune Gaming SO-DIMM Memory
- Cooltek Announces the Skall Series ATX Mid-tower Chassis