Build and Finished Product
Starting to assemble the components I went ahead and added the barbs to the radiator as well as attaching the fans and grills. I also went ahead and made the fan wires tidy on the other side so that I didn't have a mess when I needed to connect everything.
To prepare the CPU block before I mounted it, I went ahead and inserted the LEDs into the sides of the bracket and tucked the wiring underneath of it so that I could get a cleaner looking install than having the wires lying loose wherever they may fall.
To install the CPU block on this Z68 motherboard, I grabbed the appropriate back plate and installed it to the board. There are isolation washers on the other side, and you can only install this one way due to the cut out in the middle of the plate.
Using the washers, springs, and threaded bolts I tightened them until they stopped. The lower section under the top nut will allow you to tighten them compressing the springs even more for excellent pressure against the CPU.
Right after I dumped in about a half a gallons worth of distilled water into the reservoir and cycled the pump a few times, the loop bled in about 20 minutes time leaving only the tiniest of bubbles stuck to the sides of the tubing.
With the LED installed you can more easily check the fluid levels as it makes the edge of the water glow. You can also move the LED to the other side if you don't want the glow of light to come out of the slit on the left. If you install it on the right the light is not nearly as bright, but still illuminates the fluid.
The heart of the unit and the components that lends its name to the kit, the Raystorm CPU block also comes to life as it floods the motherboard, and most of the room with the blue glow from inside the bracket. I do like the metal plate on the bracket not only for style, but that it also blocks the light from blasting you directly in the eyes.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- New Call of Duty set in WWII?
- Gionee launches A1 in India
- Samsung to disable charging on remaining Galaxy Note7s
- New Tekken 7 trailer shows off devastating combos
- Xiaomi Mi 6 and Mi 6 Plus pricing leaks
- Kong: Skull Island Movie Review
- TPM issue with 970-D3P
- Extreme9 3 way crossfirex
- Kingston HyperX Savage 64GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Review
- AnyRactive GoTouch Portable Whiteboard Review
- Elgato Stream Deck brings tactile control to live content creation
- COLORFUL wins innovation award from Intel
- Composer Olivier Deriviere pioneers real-time generated interactive music for GET EVEN
- BIOSTAR launches compact high-speed storage solution with M200 M.2 SSD
- EpicGear launches MORPHA X RGB fully modular gaming mouse