Raystorm CPU Water Block
The Raystorm CPU block comes in its own box as well. Along with some bubble wrap to protect the block, there is also a thin layer of plastic around it and another layer to covert the polished copper base. The rest of the hardware and goodies are packed underneath it.
Unwrapped you can see the acrylic bracket it thick and should take some stress for mounting. It is also dressed up with an aluminum plate to match the Acetal top of the Raystorm block it surrounds.
On all four sides of this mounting bracket you will find 3mm holes drilled into it to give you all the options possible to insert the pair of LED lights that come with the block.
With the bracket now out of the way you can see how petite the Raystorm is. As the bracket surrounds the block, it has the wide shelf for support, and on the top you are given G1/4" threaded ports for the inlet and outlet.
The copper base plate is held onto the Acetal top with four hex head screws with a washer to keep things leak free. The surface of the block is finely polished and is flat across the middle, but deflects a bit at the four corners.
Removing the base you can now see the many micro channels that the water is forced through to remove the heat from the CPU. You can also see the line from where the O-ring seats.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Respawn: Microsoft forced Titanfall as Xbox exclusive
- Our 'Kingsglaive' Blu-ray giveaway is no 'Final Fantasy'
- Valve planning Steam home page visual revamp, and more
- Yahoo admits 500 million accounts hacked in 2014
- Xbox Scorpio announced early to not piss gamers off
- Mirror's Edge Catalyst Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- Prepping LGA2011 Build
- Unable to find BIOS update for motherboard
- Lian Li O Series Multiple Expansion card support
- asrock fatality h170 performance red light on bios and not monitor output no beeps
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now