Accessories and Documentation
The hardware hasn't changed and in my opinion this is a very good and secure system. At the top is the bar that goes across the base of the cooler. It then mounts to the ring on the left after it is mounted to the risers and back plate on the right.
Splitting up the hardware, first I set this up. You get a mounting wrench to get into tight spots, and a syringe of CF III on the left. In the middle is the six wire fan mounting clips that Thermalright provides so you have the option to run that third 140mm fan on the back. On the right there is a fan splitter to power both fans, but it takes both the fan adapter and the Molex plug to be connected to work.
Sealed in another bag are eight white nylon washers, four for Intel and the others for AMD, mixed in with the LGA775 spacer. Behind it all are two layers of precut rubber triangles to be used for fan isolation.
Sealed in another bag you will find the longer M3 bolts to run through the motherboard, the thumbscrew risers to attach that top ring to, and the shorter M3 screws to secure it. The shorter, less blue risers are used for LGA2011 mounting, but the top half is all the same.
You saw these when we opened the box, but I thought they needed to be shown again. The installation manual on the left will get you through anything you need, and for those who like to adorn things with tech stickers, Thermalright provides one for you to display proudly.
Inside the manual you get a parts list of everything I described along with their quantity so that you know up front before the installation if you are missing something.
The steps to installing the SB-E Extreme are pretty simple, and if the written description doesn't quite answer what you are supposed to do, the drawings are very detailed and those alone with no words can get this cooler on your board.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Intel accuses Qualcomm of monopolistic behavior
- New Note8 leak shows awkwardly placed fingerprint sensor
- Samsung Galaxy S8 officially discounted by up to $300
- Qualcomm's Snapdragon 836 will debut with the Pixel 2
- Samsung to produce chips for the iPhone 9, LG batteries
- Bloody AL90 Blazing Laser Gaming Mouse Review
- Cryptocurrency mining deflates, used GPUs hit eBay
- G.SKILL TridentZ RGB DDR4-3600 32GB Memory Kit Review
- ASRock X299 Taichi Motherboard Review
- Transcend ESD220C 120GB Portable SSD Review
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4