Installation and Finished Product
Since I have an 1155 motherboard, all I had to do was slide the four nuts all the way inward, and set it into the holes of the socket. There is a plastic liner on the opposite side to isolate the plate from the board, and you can see it will only fit my socket one way since the cutouts are only on the one side.
With the back plate in place you take the longer risers and install them, screwing them in until the threads stop. As you can see this system doesn't even make contact with the top surface of the motherboard. This is when I realized I had them upside down. So I switched it out really quick to get the other end facing down that is threaded all the way to the thicker portion.
If you have them backwards, when you go to set the head unit and screw down the thumbscrews, you will find they bottom out without any pressure on the CPU. That one little mistake can drastically affect performance!
I have the back drop really close to the radiator, but it is only to block the mess behind the testing area. As you can see, since I am testing with an open air chassis, any way I would install the fan, I am getting cooler ambient air through the radiator. Now since we have it all connected and ready, it is time for the testing to commence.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Vivendi could push for an Ubisoft takeover this year
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds charity event: May 4
- Jeff Goldblum joins 'Jurassic World 2' cast
- MSI bundles super-fast Optane M.2 with motherboards
- Director hoping for 'Guardians of the Galaxy' 4K Blu-ray
- Synology RT2600ac Wireless Router Review
- Cursor disappearing randomly
- AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11G Review
- Intel Optane Memory 32GB M.2 NVMe SSD Review
- ASRock Fatal1ty Z270 K6 USB 3.1/TB Issues
- Nokia partners with Lucasfilm to deliver an immersive behind-the-scenes VR experience of Star Wars: The Last Jedi
- New LaCie 2big Dock Thunderbolt 3 bridges the port gap and delivers massive capacity to streamline creative workflows
- ENERMAX launches D.F. STORM, the 3500RPM fan featuring self-cleaning design
- Tenda unveils new USB 3.0 AC1300 wireless network adapter
- SAPPHIRE introduces new PULSE graphics card family