Installation and Finished Product
Since I have an 1155 motherboard, all I had to do was slide the four nuts all the way inward, and set it into the holes of the socket. There is a plastic liner on the opposite side to isolate the plate from the board, and you can see it will only fit my socket one way since the cutouts are only on the one side.
With the back plate in place you take the longer risers and install them, screwing them in until the threads stop. As you can see this system doesn't even make contact with the top surface of the motherboard. This is when I realized I had them upside down. So I switched it out really quick to get the other end facing down that is threaded all the way to the thicker portion.
If you have them backwards, when you go to set the head unit and screw down the thumbscrews, you will find they bottom out without any pressure on the CPU. That one little mistake can drastically affect performance!
I have the back drop really close to the radiator, but it is only to block the mess behind the testing area. As you can see, since I am testing with an open air chassis, any way I would install the fan, I am getting cooler ambient air through the radiator. Now since we have it all connected and ready, it is time for the testing to commence.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD ThreadRipper 1998X: 16C/32T @ 3.9GHz, 44 PCIe lanes
- EVGA teases its GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid graphics card
- ARM announces new CPUs and GPU at Computex 2017
- ASUS leaks its own Strix X299-E motherboard
- You've less than 7 days to enter our 'Rings' giveaway!
- Asrock X99 Extreme11 reports only 48GB instead of 64 GB
- H270m Pro4 Can't boot with my SSD, stuck on splash
- Gigabyte z170 UD5: Question about Voltage Spikes/Offset
- ASRock AliveXFire-esata2 compatibility with Phenom II X4 980
- m4a88td-m/usb3 & Windows 10
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017