Installation and Finished Product
Since I have an 1155 motherboard, all I had to do was slide the four nuts all the way inward, and set it into the holes of the socket. There is a plastic liner on the opposite side to isolate the plate from the board, and you can see it will only fit my socket one way since the cutouts are only on the one side.
With the back plate in place you take the longer risers and install them, screwing them in until the threads stop. As you can see this system doesn't even make contact with the top surface of the motherboard. This is when I realized I had them upside down. So I switched it out really quick to get the other end facing down that is threaded all the way to the thicker portion.
If you have them backwards, when you go to set the head unit and screw down the thumbscrews, you will find they bottom out without any pressure on the CPU. That one little mistake can drastically affect performance!
I have the back drop really close to the radiator, but it is only to block the mess behind the testing area. As you can see, since I am testing with an open air chassis, any way I would install the fan, I am getting cooler ambient air through the radiator. Now since we have it all connected and ready, it is time for the testing to commence.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD Ryzen ThreadRipper features next-gen packaging
- Bethesda sale: $13 Doom, cheap ESO and more
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds continues titanic growth
- Next-gen Hololens to have custom AI chip
- The OnePlus 5 8GB now available for immediate dispatch
- GIGABYTE X299 AORUS Gaming 7 Motherboard Review
- Comic-Con 2017 trailer round-up: MCU vs DCEU vs the rest
- graphics card not detected via riser cable
- Maximum ratio (x39) with 4,06GHz for i7 4770 on GA Z87X-UD3H?
- Supermicro SuperO Booster Software Guide
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4